Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Winamp AlienFX Plugin

This is an example of the Winamp AlienFX plugin.

The song is Flying Saucer by Specimen A.

This is on my M14x btw.

I managed to get the lights to react to all sound coming from the speakers. I don't have a video because of YT copyright (I miss the old YT).
    M14x - Stealth Black
    2nd Gen i7 2670QM Quad Core
    3GB Nvidia Geforce GT 555M
    6GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    Killer Wireless-N 1103

Even though I'm the only one posting in this thread... I noticed that the lights are more responsive (they flash more rather than stay solid) when you have the plugin's beat detection open. I don't know why it does, but I like having it open since it does that.
    M14x - Stealth Black
    Killer Wireless-N 1103

Is there such a plugin only for winamp?

Quote Originally Posted by adityadragoniyer View Post
    This is the plugin for Winamp. I was just explaining how you can use it for all sound output from your computer.
    M14x - Stealth Black
    Killer Wireless-N 1103

That's pretty neat man.

Quote Originally Posted by adityadragoniyer View Post
    this is for the winamp and its way better than the WMP plugin you can select lighting for each zone you should give it a try
    i took few weeks to get it to work and after some help from the Maelstrom here i succeeded =) and now my beast dances to every BEAT
    aKa ⓐⓛⓔⓧ
    M14xStealth Black || Intel® i7-2860QM || 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz|| 2GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M||Windows® 7 Ultimate, 64bit||

Your very welcome Dnvr. Also, I sort of forgot to mention this but if you go to File and select Play URL and type in "linein://" the plugin will respond to your mic (if you have one). And then if you right click the speaker in the notificaion area and hit recording options you can right click on "stereo mix" and enable it (do the same to disable your mic). Then the plugin is reacting to other sources of sound from your computer (YouTube, any games you have or sound editing software, etc.). If you don't see stereo mix then right click anywere in the box and hit "show disabled devices" to see it.

To disable the linein just hit stop or start playing a song or video in Winamp.

Edit: Also, the beat detection seems to react to linein differently then stuff played on Winamp so you may want to retune the settings. That's a pain to do if you switch between both linein and Winamp but hey, free disco party is a free disco party.
    M14x - Stealth Black
    Killer Wireless-N 1103

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Your very welcome Dnvr. Also, I sort of forgot to mention this but if you go to File and select Play URL and type in "linein://" the plugin will respond to your mic (if you have one). And then if you right click the speaker in the notificaion area and hit recording options you can right click on "stereo mix" and enable it (do the same to disable your mic). Then the plugin is reacting to other sources of sound from your computer (YouTube, any games you have or sound editing software, etc.). If you don't see stereo mix then right click anywere in the box and hit "show disabled devices" to see it.

To disable the linein just hit stop or start playing a song or video in Winamp.

Edit: Also, the beat detection seems to react to linein differently then stuff played on Winamp so you may want to retune the settings. That's a pain to do if you switch between both linein and Winamp but hey, free disco party is a free disco party.
    wow! sounds cool i'll have to try that btw what file should i go to?
    Last edited by dnvr.dsz; 04-09-2012 at 11:21 PM.
    aKa ⓐⓛⓔⓧ
    M14xStealth Black || Intel® i7-2860QM || 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz|| 2GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M||Windows® 7 Ultimate, 64bit||

Quote Originally Posted by dnvr.dsz View Post
    wow! sounds cool i'll have to try that btw what file should i go to?
    In Winamp go to File at the top and select Play URL.
    M14x - Stealth Black
    Killer Wireless-N 1103