Buying A New Alienware Gaming Desktop

Apr 3, 2018
I'm looking to buy a new Alienware Desktop and I have a few questions and I would like some opinions/feedback before I do.
First of all I'm looking at the Aurora and my number one question is "bloatware". How much comes on a Alienware? When I decided to get back into PC gaming (coming from console) I was so sick of console, I went to the local Wal Mart and bought the only gaming PC they had. It's the first Windows PC I have bought in years and I had forgotten how much "bloatware" they can put on a PC. I got one with a 256Gb SSD and all I have on there is BF1, WoWP, WoT, and War Thunder and it is full. The rest is crap that have no idea about, and unfortunately I don't know what to get rid of and what not. When I bought the PC I have now it was an impulse buy and I new it was only temporary so now its time to get a real gaming PC. So if you can tell me what if any "bloatware" comes on an Alienware I would be grateful.
Second question is HD. Should I get the 512Gb SSD only drive or the 256Gb SSB and the 1Tb HD?
I guess its a no-brainer to get the 1080 TI 11Gb Video Card? I don't really feel like forking over the dough for dual cards just yet.
Also, even though I mention I'm not a big fan of "bloatware" I do love the Xbox App that I use to record game feeds and take screenshots. Does the Windows 10 with Alienware come with this App?
Also I would really like to have Liquid cooled if possible?
Anyway my budget is around, maybe a little under $2.5K, what should I do?
One last thing, I think 16Gb RAM will do for now but aren't these PCs known for the easy ability to upgrade if I want to in the furture? Don't they come with space for 64Gb? And I order one now but later want to add another video card is that possible?
I really want to, in advance, thank anyone who takes the time to read and respond to this.

Dak_Ota

Apr 28, 2018
Hello @xPALEHORSEx! I can answer a few of your questions for you.

As far as bloatware goes there is not that much. If you are concerned about it that much a clean install of windows coupled with downloading the Alienware software you want.

As far as your HDD goes, I would put the OS on a 256gb nvme and your games on a 1tb traditional hdd.

1080ti is a great choice to do single gpu.

The Xbox app is native to Windows 10 if I'm not mistaken.

Liquid cooling is the way to go as the Aurora was designed for this in mind.

As far as ram goes I would just do 16gb of at least 2666mhz ddr4. Memory right now is insanely over priced.

I have built you exactly everything you have asked for in an Aurora.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell...kIjo2NzYsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiODUwTEJMIn1dfV19

Price before tax 2,274.99

Apr 3, 2018
Hello @xPALEHORSEx! I can answer a few of your questions for you.

As far as bloatware goes there is not that much. If you are concerned about it that much a clean install of windows coupled with downloading the Alienware software you want.

As far as your HDD goes, I would put the OS on a 256gb nvme and your games on a 1tb traditional hdd.

1080ti is a great choice to do single gpu.

The Xbox app is native to Windows 10 if I'm not mistaken.

Liquid cooling is the way to go as the Aurora was designed for this in mind.

As far as ram goes I would just do 16gb of at least 2666mhz ddr4. Memory right now is insanely over priced.

I have built you exactly everything you have asked for in an Aurora.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell...kIjo2NzYsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiODUwTEJMIn1dfV19

Price before tax 2,274.99
Thanks for taking the time to respond, and build the PC for me. Unfortunately I ordered before I saw your response.

Luckily I ordered it ALMOST exactly as you built it for me.

The only difference is that I chose the 512gb SSD with no other drive. Because of that I was thinking about adding a second drive. Do you have any suggestions?