HELP!!! area 51 alx active vent harness connect!

Hi guys
Could any body post a photo what is this connector connect to and the connector on the master board side? Please!!!
Here is the story why I need this:
I got a used area 51 alx case and it missing a lot of parts. I've rebuilt it and all the functions area enabled except the vent lighting.
As in return, I could answer a question from the poster INCLUDE how to make a wire to use a non-oem psw, how to the wire front I/O to a upgrade motherboard, etc.

20141026222216.jpg 20141026222212.jpg

harness.jpg 604gc Int RGB Led.jpg

That black one connects @ the top right up by your 3.5" bay area, to the active vent harness which has three connectors (one black, two white) see photo. The other end of that active vent harness connects to the mio @ the spots labeled active vent / orange stars. Three of them, using white mini-connectors, I believe they're labeled. I sell psu swap cables on eBay (search Area 51 power supply, you'll see mine). I did a psu post here also, on hand-making a cable { http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19540327 }. For rewiring a new mthrbrd, get a magnifying glass. Look @ your old mb, it has micro-text @ the panel header. Check for colors of wires for power-on switch, hdd led (+ & -), power on led (+ & -). Use a needle to lift the pins out of the black 5x5 (rows) connector, then transfer them to your 5x5, pair of 5x5's, or 10x10 usb-type connector. If you don't have an extra 5x5 USB-type header connector & need one, buy a 5x5 or a 10x10. Did that help?

Thanks a lot for your reply!
My problem here is : I dont have the harness for connect the vent light connector to the mio.
Do u know where can I find one?
Thanks again for your help!

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

View attachment 1436 View attachment 1435

That black one connects @ the top right up by your 3.5" bay area, to the active vent harness which has three connectors (one black, two white) see photo. The other end of that active vent harness connects to the mio @ the spots labeled active vent / orange stars. Three of them, using white mini-connectors, I believe they're labeled. I sell psu swap cables on eBay (search Area 51 power supply, you'll see mine). I did a psu post here also, on hand-making a cable { http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19540327 }. For rewiring a new mthrbrd, get a magnifying glass. Look @ your old mb, it has micro-text @ the panel header. Check for colors of wires for power-on switch, hdd led (+ & -), power on led (+ & -). Use a needle to lift the pins out of the black 5x5 (rows) connector, then transfer them to your 5x5, pair of 5x5's, or 10x10 usb-type connector. If you don't have an extra 5x5 USB-type header connector & need one, buy a 5x5 or a 10x10. Did that help?
Thanks a lot for your reply!
My problem here is : I dont have the harness for connect the vent light connector to the mio.
Do u know where can I find one?
Thanks again for your help!

in case anyone wondered, I sold echoi22 the correct active vent harness a couple weeks ago & he's one step closer to having his A-51 the way he wants it. (=

Hello, I got one of the active vents from ebay and would just like it to open and close. If I bought the board shown and hooked up vent motor and vent switch, power, and usb and installed drivers on non alienware computer, would it work?? Thanks in advance, Walt

10p.jpg so you don't have an Area-51. You want to integrate this into a non-Area-51 case. Hmph. I guess it's possible. You'd go to Dell.com, find Command Center 2.08.09 under the Area-51 drivers page & install it on the non-Area-51 mthrbrd. The mio board takes a 10-wire usb I believe, so you'd need to buy the right one I would think (a standard usb cable might be pinned out right at the motherboard end, but might not be pin-for-pin at the mio end of it, I don't know: maybe yes maybe no. Best to buy/try the original mio usb cable in this instance, not the Aurora cable which might be different). You'd need to power the mio with a hand-made 10-wire 10-pin cable & connector, photo above. 5VSB comes from your mthrbrd 24pin cable on pin#9 purple. Or simply 'make it' standard 5volts instead, usually a red wire, that would work. If you have a modular power supply, you'd buy the right modular connectors to tap your psu, using the volt assignments pic above. Or else you'd invent something with all the many types of adapters on the market so all the volt-ground assignments are correct. If they are & if you did all that, I suppose it should work. My time gets dedicated to Alienware owners though sir, I'm sure you'd understand if I said what I said here is about as much help & advice as I can input into your project. Good luck with it I might add. Post pics if you get it up & running, it might be a 1st. The new Zalman H1 case has a similar vent system if you wanted something on the spot pre-built or can't get this project wired up & working.

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

consequently, I could sell you just the 10pin power cable for the mio board since I have a few. Send me a private message if interested. USB cables for the mio might be had on eBay, play the waiting game til one pops up ...

Thanks Cass-Ole' !!! I will study this later once my mind begins to work. I do own several alienware computers, right now using an area-51 alx-r8. Its old but still is a beast. The active lighting even works!! I was going to try and modify an aurora 7500 R4 case and have the active vent independent of passive lighting. Thought maybe I could have vent hooked up just to a toggle switch on front of case and just have it open when gaming. I haven't put much time into this, so dont really know limitations as to what I can accomplish. Thanks!!!

$T2eC16VHJH8E9qSEWJTVBQCDwOkz7Q~~60_57.jpg My ALX front panel motors are simple two-wire bi-polar: reverse polarity & motor spins backwards. The top vent motor says it a uni-polar stepping, & it has 5 wires. We'd assume the mio board does its majik (uses ic's & the limit-switches) to spin motor/vents up, part-way-full-way then backwards again. I've never had a need to play w/this motor to find out what all 5 wires do. Since it is uni-polar (& I assume a 5vdc min, maybe 7, maybe 12v dc) you would need to find out 'which' wire(s)(aside from black assumed ground) make it do what. The best choice is to lay an mio board in the case (they do fit in an empty 5.25" drive bay -->shield it against case w/acrylic or hard plastic sheet). Install command center & let CC open vents, close, part-way. Otherwise you're might be looking at a semi-sophisticated but certainly do-able on/off switch system you spoke of but using small (bosch GM-type) automotive relays, cleverly & creatively employed. A three-way switch etc. Maybe, lol. I can't get into designing one of these relay-switch systems even though its meant to go into a beauty, so I offer the suggestion: get an mio board + 10pin mio pwr cable + mio usb cable, get an active vent cable, get CmndCntr, pop it in your case and let all that do its work. I have the active vent & 10p mio cables. You'd need the rest. However: figure out that stepping motor & its wiring requirements & you might just pull it off w/less clutter! They are easily bought and replaced were a mishap to crap yours out whilst testing to see 'what the wires do' ... keep people posted huh? It's obvious why you wanna install a top vent ... they rock ...