Lucky Finds and Help Needed!

I dunno n-e-thing about the classic cases, maybe measure them > 2.54cm / 25.4mm per inch, so your basic 120 x 25mm fan is ~4.75 x 1inch > the R2 radiator fan is 120 x 38 (1.5in) > 92mm fans tend to be the next smaller size, 140mil the next largest > inches to mils calculator: https://www.google.com/search?ei=aX....1.64.psy-ab..0.7.796...0i131k1.0.ULCe9jLcyMc

Noctua Chromax 120 fans, alternative to MagLevs?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nc2aonsseg
Okay cool, I will definitely measure them then. And I just might check out those fans, they seem pretty cool.

I think aside from fans and a power supply, I'm done. I'm having a hard time debating between power supplies. Obviously I want fully modular and I've been debating between Rosewill, EVGA, and Corsair (but am open to any solid brand...is Rosewill even any good?). I'm thinking I may go with a 1000w , as I'm wanting to ensure I have enough for two RX 580s and the Ryzen 7 1800x...Unless I don't need 1000w? Any recommendations here? I keep finding myself drawn to Corsair but have heard a lot of DOA stories that have scared me a bit..

Hi! glad you are so excited! I also enjoy the case design and love my current build, which is posted on the overlock.net forums for viewing.

1: Depending on the year/ model, there are variations in the cases. If you really love any case, you can purchase acoustic foam cheaply, and interior painting is quite an easy task. The cases honestly have only as much value as you think they do. I recommend picking one case you prefer and using parts from the second to complete its' appearance.

*** Save the other case, if you ever need to experiment with cutting through the metal, or plastic, for custom mods.

2: Both cases should accept medium atx board, which are standard. I have a medium atx board in mine. Of course, micro atx would work, and I feel like e-atx would fit as well.

3: The only limiting factor for GPU length is if they are going to hit something. I would need to see inside your case. My graphics card gets near the HDD cage, but there is still room between. My gtx 1080 (EVGA ftw) has a length of 267mm.

4: All missing pieces must be bought from other cheap cases on eBay, as scavenging. I did try having some plastic pieces 3d-printed, but actually had the seller steal the pieces, on his own pc! (Luckily, there is law enforcement). You only need enough brackets to hold the drives you want. You can always mount them in other unique spots, like the ODD area, using a bracket.

I answered the questions as best as I could, but it really depends on what you wish to do. Some people just build in the case as-is, whereas other choose to restore the case, and even add new paint, or do other fun mods. Let me know if you need any assistance. I know which tools can cut the case well, and even have a wiring guide if you need to troubleshoot the built-in LED.

Hi, Just was looking over postings and noticed your discussion about the Aurora 7500 cases. I have a few. Noted the #4; Missing pieces reference.
I have a few extra parts. Do have some drive rails for the P-1 and P-2 7500 Aurora cases. A couple of cases that were dropped in shipping breaking the front panel, with the metal case left good for modding.

Hi, Just was looking over postings and noticed your discussion about the Aurora 7500 cases. I have a few. Noted the #4; Missing pieces reference.
I have a few extra parts. Do have some drive rails for the P-1 and P-2 7500 Aurora cases. A couple of cases that were dropped in shipping breaking the front panel, with the metal case left good for modding.
How much would you charge for the drive rails? I *may* end up wanting some, I’m not sure.

The other case I mentioned before is now here....

All Three
Purple Side View

I'm very excited! Now I'm honestly torn if I want to do the build in the purple or green case, lol.

BTW my build specs will end up being:

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Radeon RX 580s in Crossfire
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB (2xGB) DDR 3200
ASRock X370 Taichi Motherboard
ASUS 24X DVD Burner
Corsair RM1000X 1000W 80 Plus Gold
Toshiba P300 Hard drive 3 TB HDD
PNY CS1311 - Solid state drive - 240 GB

Some of the parts have already arrived, I'm waiting on the rest.

Nice set I think the color is Blue. Cosmic Blue, the purple is a real Purple as seen in one of my sets ( bottom photo). Other pictures are from various sources. Hope that helps on color names. A couple of others are Cosmic Blue, Cyborg Green, Lunar White, Space Black, Martian Red. I Don't recall or have a note on the Silver, the Purple, or the Yellow names. Allen25151

Attachments

Nice set I think the color is Blue. Cosmic Blue, the purple is a real Purple as seen in one of my sets ( bottom photo). Other pictures are from various sources. Hope that helps on color names. A couple of others are Cosmic Blue, Cyborg Green, Lunar White, Space Black, Martian Red. I Don't recall or have a note on the Silver, the Purple, or the Yellow names. Allen25151
Since you have the older cases, do you happen to know the fan sizes? I'm curious about the fan size for the one that sits in the hard drive bay area and the one for the front of the case. Also, I'm wondering if that side fan, the front fan, and the one that will be on the back with my radiator for the liquid cooling will be enough to keep the case cool or if there are any other steps I'll need to take to ensure the case stays cool enough?

Since you have the older cases, do you happen to know the fan sizes? I'm curious about the fan size for the one that sits in the hard drive bay area and the one for the front of the case. Also, I'm wondering if that side fan, the front fan, and the one that will be on the back with my radiator for the liquid cooling will be enough to keep the case cool or if there are any other steps I'll need to take to ensure the case stays cool enough?
The early P-1 case has 80mm fans in the drive cage, front case bracket and side panel bracket. The rear on early case had two 80mm fans same as front and side bracket. Next case with side load drives had single rear fan 120mm good for the water cooling mount. A trick is to use two fans stacked. One on the radiator inside and one out side on case rear. A 120 on a spacer or use a 120 to 140 adapter and use a 140 fan on outside. See photo. If you have the tools and don't mind modifying the case it helps to cut out the grills. Inside the case on left side is one more 92mm on early case or two 92mm on the side load drive style. I always put grills on the fans inside for wire and finger safety. See a couple of attached photos.

Attachments

The early P-1 case has 80mm fans in the drive cage, front case bracket and side panel bracket. The rear on early case had two 80mm fans same as front and side bracket. Next case with side load drives had single rear fan 120mm good for the water cooling mount. A trick is to use two fans stacked. One on the radiator inside and one out side on case rear. A 120 on a spacer or use a 120 to 140 adapter and use a 140 fan on outside. See photo. If you have the tools and don't mind modifying the case it helps to cut out the grills. Inside the case on left side is one more 92mm on early case or two 92mm on the side load drive style. I always put grills on the fans inside for wire and finger safety. See a couple of attached photos.
Nice, thank you. So, if I understood correctly that means the drive cage fan is 80mm, perfect. I will post pictures once my project is done. Might be a few weeks, have a lot of work and still need a couple of things to arrive.

I finished it up last night. I just need to work on cable management, which I plan to do this weekend (working a whole lot right now). But it's built, runs, and has Windows installed. Last step is just cable management, then I'll take pictures and post them. Shout out to @Cass-Olé for helping me out to get the computer started! The wiring for the case wasn't all there, so I ended up ordering a switch, have it sticking out of the back a little bit. I just turn it on there, instead of using the alien head on the front of the case.