M15x Owner, UNITE!

Just a thread to see how many people own the epic m15x. The one and only, of its kind! Compared to the m14x, its 1 inch bigger, has bad@$$ looking speakers, fully programmable LED's (Including head on the back and power button), 3D capable (with software) and better heat dispersion!

All in all, one of the best lappies I have owned and haven't been disappointed since!
Here's some pics of mine, if anyone is interested! ^^

M15x at night, with AlienFX Winamp Plugin

Bottom view

Inside Look

Top View

Nice rig. My old M15x went to my brother after I upgraded to the M18x. It was a great system, I just wanted more screen. Keep them fans clean! I did monthly.

Nice rig. My old M15x went to my brother after I upgraded to the M18x. It was a great system, I just wanted more screen. Keep them fans clean! I did monthly.

I clean it when I have the time. I changed the thermal paste so no heat issues, even if it does get dirty in the fans :)

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
I never really liked the power port on the side of the M15x. I would prefer it on the back, either to the left or right.

I got over it. Helps keep the laptop raised for extra air! :D

only thing i would suggest is to watch for wear on your power chord with it bent that much; i mean the chords themselves seem really durable and probably wouldn't do anything, but just saying it could be a little less hassle just finding something to prop it up would/could be better in the long run

only thing i would suggest is to watch for wear on your power chord with it bent that much; i mean the chords themselves seem really durable and probably wouldn't do anything, but just saying it could be a little less hassle just finding something to prop it up would/could be better in the long run
Its been like that for 2 years and no issues at all :D

I like the look of it, and the set up of the GPU and CPU seems 100% easier to access over the m14x. I will have to repaste at some point and I'm not looking forward to the complete de construction.

Fully programmable LED's you say?? I never knew it, lol! I've had my M15x for just over 2 year now & I love, love, love it!! Think the blue lights are pretty darned cool though, especially when combined with the awesome Thermaltake cooler tray with its blue lights also :p

I've learned the hard way to keep the fans clear of dust; had serious overheating issues and when the techie repair guy took it apart the amount of dust round the fans was mighty embarrassing! He did show me how easy it is to get to the fans by undoing the 2 screws & sliding off the backplate; which is another reason why I love this system. My kid's Dell lappy fans are totally inaccessible - why oh why do computer designers do that? It defies logic for sure..... I hope alienware keep making theirs the same way. :)

hello there others users off the alienware m15x. to bad that alienware do not make an m15xr2 and other versions.
but only the 14, 17 and 18 laptops now. i hope in the future the make other size´s laptop as well

I sold mine when I was hardup for cash I'd had it for a year maybe a year and a half. Replaced it with a hp firebird desktop. Miss it though it was a problematic little beast with its splitting hinges and such fortunately my gpu never overheated since I had the more tame 8700 card

Just got my first alienware m15x notebook and i love it! It is used obviously but i did a fresh install of windows 7 and it runs like a champ! I plan on doing many upgrades including a ssd, ram, cpu, gpu, battery, and psu. It has the stock i7 720qm, 4gb ram, and gt240m. I do not plan on overclocking it just because i am new to oc and I would rather learn on a desktop. Other than that I can not be happier with it. Btw anyone have any ram recommendations? I was going to just put basic pny 8gb(2x4) but is there anything that is budget friendly that is more performance related?

Welcome. Any decent RAM will work fine. The hardest part will be the GPU upgrade later. I managed to get an old 570 card to work in an M15x I used to have. It was my first attempt using modded drivers so there was a little bit of pain involved. Also, don't forget you have to use a CPU from the same socket type as the one you have already. Something in the 800 or 900 series.