New GTX 1060 in my R2

well just to confirm this post... i use the 1060 evga 6gb mini... Temp with DOOM ultra high settings is 73c max. and constant 61 fps

The only game that has really pushed the system and temps up to 82c was Tomb Raider but after all the system managed the game at high settings with about 42 - 55 fps...which is not bad.

In general the system after the upgrades i ve done performs great, adding also W10 which is the best Windows up to now imo.

The GTX 1060 mini is the perfect upgrade for R2. I just passed my R2 on to my son and he loves it. I had considered moving up to the Aurora until reading a step by step i7 8700K build in a PC mag. Took the plunge during Xmas break and built my own system. Will probably never buy a prebuilt gaming system again. Alienware/Dell is still one of the best gaming PC builders though.

Attachments

I still wouldn't feel right with a mini 1060 in that small case.( but that's just me) It's going to get too hot In higher ambient rooms temps, and the case has poor ventilation. Because something fits doesn't make it a good fit.

Maybe ok for very lite gaming for short times.

Nice build btw ..looks nice

how did you get that monitor inside that case,,lol

Hilarious....it was a shitty pic. Trust me on the GTX mini 1060, I played long periods of PUBG and BF1 at 1080p high/ultra. Temps were fine. I also placed the x51 on its side for max air flow. Hey...I'm an expert builder now..slept at a holiday inn too...lol

I still wouldn't feel right with a mini 1060 in that small case.( but that's just me) It's going to get too hot In higher ambient rooms temps, and the case has poor ventilation. Because something fits doesn't make it a good fit.

Maybe ok for very lite gaming for short times.

Nice build btw ..looks nice

how did you get that monitor inside that case,,lol
well you should feel fine / after playing in Athens Greece in the summer (38c) Tomb Raider (a very heavy game) for more than 2 hours without A/C temps didnt rise over 83c.

Zero issues. Do you have the correct powerboard in your R2? I know some people had the right brick but wrong powerboard. I would think if your R2 came with the 330 brick, it would match the powerboard.

Zero issues. Do you have the correct powerboard in your R2? I know some people had the right brick but wrong powerboard. I would think if your R2 came with the 330 brick, it would match the powerboard.
Thanks for reply.

Mine is this.pls see the picture. It is 330w power supply. I do not know what was wrong with the graphic card

rsz_img_20180112_224149.jpg

Did your rig come with that power brick? My R2 came with the 230 brick but I had the 330 motherboard component. I bought the 330 brick on eBay. The 330 brick doesn't matter if your MB doesn't have correct component part.

You have to open your case. There are tutorials on web how to change if needed. You can get the part from Dell. But I would still be surprised that it's not your GPU. I used my GTX 1060 with my 230 brick b4 I bought the 330 brick. My original GPU was a 760ti

Thanks very much. I know how to open and disassemble system. What parts should i check? Which parts of Mainboard? What should i do with them? Can you please give me tutorials? I appreciate it