New to Gaming PCs

cclark9

Apr 11, 2018
I am about to buy an alienware m17xR4 and I'm trying to find out if its worth it. CPU is i7-3740QM, CPU speed is 2.7GHZ. Isn't 2.7GHZ slow? when I look up the specs online it says this model has a 2.7 GHZ but runs at 3.6 GHZ with turbo. Is the turbo built in? is this PC good for playing first person shooters? is it worth $300 (what my buddy is selling it for)

thanks

Jan 20, 2014
San Diego Ca.
You did not say what GPU it has GTX 680m was pretty good for 300 I would pick it up in a heart beat worth every penny. Should play most titles on High with no problem.. good luck on your choice.

Kandaje

Jul 14, 2017
Greetings...

Mine is about a year old now. I haven't found anything (other than windoze 10 itself) that it won't run all settings on max.

I was watching a Utube recently that was saying that today's PC's (including this one) should completely outrun ANY
game for at least the next 3 years.

For me, it's the CONSTANT daily DPC Watchdog Violations since the last Windoze 10 update that is the
CONSTANT annoyance. I think the longest I've gotten since is about 2 days before it would just spontaneously
BSOD...