Quality Issues...

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 - R1/R2/R3/R4' started by WarlockUK, Jan 13, 2017.

1. WarlockUK

So, anyone else's motherboard died after just 10 days only to be told a replacement board will take two weeks to get?

No? Just me?

Yay.

2. Chasm

I have a serious issue, too. It has no power. The blue-illuminated plug-end (from the power brick) will go out when I plug the power into the laptop. No power at all. When I unplug it from the laptop, and re-plug the DC brick into an ac outlet, the blue tip (that inserts into the back of the laptop) will stay illuminated until I insert into the laptop. It's like the laptop power-input connector is shorting the power brick.

3. WarlockUK

Sounds like the socket or board is broken. Their quality control seems to be a joke.

4. Tony Celliers

Same happened to mine, 4 weeks working now an expensive brick. I've never had an Alienware that hasn't had a motherboard replacement as I expect it needs to be replaced.
    When I plug the power plug in the light goes out, the laptop is dead, no lights are on at all, I am pissed.
    Dell seriously need to look at there quality control.
    No idea how long a replacement will take, I am only home on the weekend and will call on Monday, I am in South Africa.