Restoring the original Alienware OEM "Look and Feel" after a clean install of Windows 10

Apr 18, 2012
Palmdale, CA USA
Hi,

Is there a procedure, or a file, for restoring the original Alienware "Look and Feel" after a clean install of Windows 10?

I found an older procedure for windows 7, 8, and 8.1, but none for 10.

I just installed a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD in my new Alienware 15 R3 (2018). It's setup as the boot disk (C:), using the Microsoft USB procedure. I still have the original 1 TB Boot HD, which came w/the system, so is there a core file there which I can copy over to the SSD?

Thanks

Jan 20, 2014
San Diego Ca.

Ragusa

May 7, 2018
I used Macrium Reflect software (freeware version), for cloning original HGST HDD 1TB to SSD M.2 Samsung 960 EVO. There are 6 partitions and
all 6 are cloned with adjustment of size of visible c:\ partition, to fit size of smaller SSD. Atfer that is several time tested SSD for boot and looks good( with removed original HDD), but I made additional clone on external HDD for any case. Original HDD C:ppartition is formated using external USB connection for SATA disk. I did not touch other partitions and disk is fitted back and is used for storage. With Macrium Reflect this operation going smooth.

Last edited: