side panel light connector mods?

May 31, 2014
wales
Hi all predator 2 case light connectors being held off by soundproofing foam has anyone made modifications with this part? can I fix the two halves together somehow ( side and internal ) any ideas ?
thanks

May 31, 2014
wales
Thanks , the lights all are working but the side "head light" goes out after awhile and then if I squeeze the case together its OK again but will stop after a while again as I say it seems that its being pushed off by the sound proofing , I was wondering if the two parts could be fixed together into one unit

Oh, that makes more sense, ( assuming you mean the right side white PCB board with 4 Channels doesn't make exact contact.) I have the same case, and the foam doesn't seem to cause any issues? Is it possible that the gold pins are bent on 4 channel white PCB? Otherwise, maybe side panel is not latched to the side of case tight enough?

The simplest solution may involve:
bending pins outwards more
putting belt or bands around the case to hold the panel on tighter?
putting a few washers between white PCB and the case. ( It can still screw into the interior side of the case, but will stick out a few millimeter more, so that gold pins pressed into the side pannel more.)

Hopefully, all goes well. Are you selling the case, or using it for a cool build?

May 31, 2014
wales
its my everyday PC, I do have another one in bits awaiting rebuild and a Predator ! case that I will be selling . Thank for advice I will try the bend and see what happens, thanks

May 31, 2014
wales
Just getting started on re positioning side light control but running into problem sourcing the four pin plug on the side panel any idea what it may be called? Searches under 7 cm four pin brings no luck

Jan 20, 2014
San Diego Ca.
If anyone should need these "Alienware Light kit consists of a base bigger backend mother card and a small front-end daughter card that fits inside the bigger card. This card is known as ELC Board FX Light Card." I have a couple NOS that I bought off Ebay for some builds and didn't use them all.