Updating PSU and Graphics Card

My old graphics card died, I tried installing a GTX 1050 Ti but it didn't work, so I bought a 1050. I also ordered a new PSU rated 330W so hoping that will work. I cannot see any difference in the power supply I am buying compared to the one I have. How can you tell the difference? Why would the Ti not work since others have had success? Do I need to do anything special to get this new card working? My new 1050 will be here tomorrow. Do PSU go bad? Is there an alternate graphics card I could try that might work?

My old graphics card died, I tried installing a GTX 1050 Ti but it didn't work, so I bought a 1050. I also ordered a new PSU rated 330W so hoping that will work. I cannot see any difference in the power supply I am buying compared to the one I have. How can you tell the difference? Why would the Ti not work since others have had success? Do I need to do anything special to get this new card working? My new 1050 will be here tomorrow. Do PSU go bad? Is there an alternate graphics card I could try that might work?

Both of those cards have the same TDP and power consumption requirements. With the 330W PSU you should be able to run up to the GTX1070.

Hope that helps.

I guess my BIOS was outdated, updated to latest BIOS and updated chipset and other recommended upgrades. Should I boot up using the onboard after installing the new card? Or try booting directly with the new card.

Also I bought a 1Tb SSD and would like to transfer my HDD to it, any advice on how to do this? I have an SSD external case so I can connect it to my computer. What program do you recommend?

Update: My Samsung SSD has software on it for transferring :)

Last edited:
I guess my BIOS was outdated, updated to latest BIOS and updated chipset and other recommended upgrades. Should I boot up using the onboard after installing the new card? Or try booting directly with the new card.

Also I bought a 1Tb SSD and would like to transfer my HDD to it, any advice on how to do this? I have an SSD external case so I can connect it to my computer. What program do you recommend?

Update: My Samsung SSD has software on it for transferring :)
Just connect to the card.

I can't get to Champions Online. I get to the character select screen but it crashes when I log her in. Any suggestions?

I can log into and play Diablo3 but not Champions Online??

all set... just had to uninstall and reinstall it

Last edited: