Upgrading M18x

Sorry if this has been posted before but trying to get some opinions on if I should upgrade any of my Alienware components. My concern is that I my graphics cards and CPU may be getting old and not be able to keep up with the up and coming games that are currently out and soon to release like Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and Star Wars Battlefront.

Please provide any suggestions. My current specs are as follows

- Intel Core i7 3740QM @ 2.70GHz
- 16GB Rams DDR3
- AMD Radeon HD 7970M in SLI configuration

Not sure about the chipsets and heatsinks that I have as I'm not familiar with a lot of the intricate details of the system.

Thank you.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
No I don't. I have a 1TB but not SSD. Would this increase my laptops ability to run games that require top tier graphic cards and CPUs?
You should see an all around improve using an SSD over a spinner. You are going to be limited to your interface though. PCI-E SSD are becoming the norm now. Do you know if you have SATA 3gb/s or 6gb/s interface?

You should see an all around improve using an SSD over a spinner. You are going to be limited to your interface though. PCI-E SSD are becoming the norm now. Do you know if you have SATA 3gb/s or 6gb/s interface?

I know I have SATA but not sure if 3 or 6gb/s I'm trying to look up how to determine the speed.

I could not find out how to determine if i have 3 or 6 gb/s memory but my main concern is if anyone recommends an upgraded graphics card or CPU.