Vintage Area 51 appears to be a special factory build limited number.

I have a collection of older Area 51's This one is a unit that was suppose to cost just shy of 10 k new. Its a 2008 ALX it has 3 video cards, Bluetooth and a portable removable storage drive in one of the front bays ( looks like small hard drive ) It appears like this one has everything they offered on it. There is a black tag mounted in the case ( ALX #76 of 200, Built with pride by the ALX engineering team. Bloodmoney 4.5m signed by CEO nelson Gonzelez. Any one know anything about these ?

P{ictures might help, but they generally put more effort into the expensive varieties. At this point, it may only be worth as much as a collector would pay. In general, the cases can go for $75 to $300, and that is about it. The signature may not mean too much anymore.

Eakers Thank you for the reply, I tried to add a photo but file was to large I do not want to sell it, It actually still performs quite well. I have a new thread ripper addition and a newer Aurora ALX that I play with. I just like collecting these and when I find something unique I enjoy investigating it.

Sounds Good! I actually have a special edition case as well, but my "original value" was only around $6,000. Still, my case had the original shiny chrome, and the dark green gunmetal instead of plain grey steel. As you can see, I professionally repainted my case in white, and think I will always use it for my current build!

Good luck with your build as well. :)

Thanks , I have been sitting here tonight tinkering around with a little over-clocking. I found a couple articles today where some of these where tested that had price tags between 9 and 10,000 PC magazine nov 2008 tested one for 9300.00 ( I paid 400.00 a year ago ) This one is a R8 and was only avaiable in silver or black with the Chrome accents. I have a 2007 7500 R-4 that came with original invoice of 7400.00 ( I paid 650.00 7 years ago ) A computer is certainly not a item for long term investing LOL I like the white on yours, White is clean and classy

Thanks, my son is a console player, never touches a PC and my wife is happy with her lap top so I just use them. The blue one is for a lack of a better term my work car, it has all the junk on it and has been around the longest. The silver has a few games on it that it still handles very well. The new one I just bought , its a new thread ripper and the black AXL R4 has been heavily modified and it just sits there. I do have them networked and occasionally a few neighbors come up and we will set and play some older FPS's

Nice greatest hits collection, the man cave needs a 51 R1 to close the circle with. You know I just can't picture how $10k worth of stuff could fit in that silver case. May I ask, what's the part# on your TRipper liquid cooler on the rad, is it TFGHM or HR6V4. Some R2 owners have murmured about how to upgrade to the new TRip cooler
untitled.png

Nice greatest hits collection, the man cave needs a 51 R1 to close the circle with. You know I just can't picture how $10k worth of stuff could fit in that silver case. May I ask, what's the part# on your TRipper liquid cooler on the rad, is it TFGHM or HR6V4. Some R2 owners have murmured about how to upgrade to the new TRip cooler
View attachment 2263
It is the TFGHM I have a hard time seeing over 7 k in the blue one but I have the original invoice and its there ! The silver R8 is packed including Bluetooth and Mobile Disk removable storage not to mention SLI x 3