X51 R3 freeze on Nvme cold Boot. Restart works fine

Apr 14, 2018
I installed a 960 Evo Nvme drive. Installation went fine. When the PC is start from cold . The System boots so fast and then stuck on black screen with mouse cursor. Have to restart then its boots normal with a slight delay in windows load. This only happens after start from shutdown state. What am i doing wrong here.

Aug 30, 2016
I installed a 960 Evo Nvme drive. Installation went fine. When the PC is start from cold . The System boots so fast and then stuck on black screen with mouse cursor. Have to restart then its boots normal with a slight delay in windows load. This only happens after start from shutdown state. What am i doing wrong here.
Check in your bios to make sure your boot order is correct. That can be causing he issue.

Apr 14, 2018
Check in your bios to make sure your boot order is correct. That can be causing he issue.
it is at the correct start option of HDD. when restart it starts just fine. Only the first cold start . screen come on a blink of eye but stuck in black screen with cursor frozen. I have to reset the pc and it boots just normally.

Aug 30, 2016
it is at the correct start option of HDD. when restart it starts just fine. Only the first cold start . screen come on a blink of eye but stuck in black screen with cursor frozen. I have to reset the pc and it boots just normally.
Did you do a fresh OS install or did you clone it?

Aug 30, 2016
fresh pro install. I think its got something to do with internal graphics card. how do we disable it.
I do not think it is related to your video processor. Open up your bios and see if there are any quick boot options selected. Perhaps you need to disable that.

Aug 30, 2016
there is no option to disable graphics.
the bios is so simple layout and not many options availble
It’s been a while since I’ve been inside the stock bios. I’ve upgraded my motherboard to an aftermarket version, I’ll see if I can’t do some digging around in the operators manual.

Apr 14, 2018
It’s been a while since I’ve been inside the stock bios. I’ve upgraded my motherboard to an aftermarket version, I’ll see if I can’t do some digging around in the operators manual.
what aftermarket board can fit inside the case? interesting.

Maybe I should just re-install everything. must I clear the keys in bios and boot as legacy before install? Maybe I did it wrong.

Feb 5, 2016
Did you ever find a fix for this problem Sadiqsabia?

I ask because I'm encountering the exact same thing now - I have an X51 R3, unaltered from new. I've also encountered it previously, and couldn't find a fix or solution - eventually my GPU stopped working though, suddenly one day. I had a GTX960 from new.

When I contacted Alienware, they sent me a new GPU and I swapped it myself. The screen freeze with cursor problem stopped happening at that point (I never knew if it was connected or not).

My current GTX 960 (the replacement) is now around three months old and has been fine. BUT, this screen freeze problem has started again in the last few days (from cold boot 90% of the time). I'm now wondering if the GPU is going to go again.

Did you get anywhere with trying to fix the problem?

Thanks