17 R5 Sound problem.jack working

Konstantinosk

Dec 10, 2019
Greece
I have 14 months now the laptop R5 and when I start a movie suddenly the sound is off.
the warranty is one year and I try to see what is the problem,I try everything .today I give to technician and he tell me your speakers it's working i thind its your motherboard....

if everybody knows something please inform me

Konstantinosk

Dec 10, 2019
Greece
Yes I try drivers but the problem continue!!!I have sound with external speakers...yesterday technician measure the speaker and told me my speakers are working properly!!!he told maybe you have motherboard issue.
I have the laptop 15 months and I didn't force it too much...
Can be manufacturing error?
If it's manufacturing error,dell can fix my problem because it's expensive?

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
If you only had a 12 month warranty then they probably won't fix it for free. They can be flexible and sometimes they do free repairs outside of warranty. If it was me I'd pull the machine apart to check for broken or loose wires but not everyone is comfortable pulling laptops apart and if you aren't careful you can do more damage. I'd also try reinstalling Windows to rule out it being a software issue.
I'm assuming that headphones will work fine?

Konstantinosk

Dec 10, 2019
Greece
Yes with external speakers working perfect...one of my friend he have one machine to repair motherboards but he told me I don't know which line was burned because I don't have the manual to see...also he scared because it's expensive..If I send mail to dell headquarters I found solution??