2 Laptops 1 Bag...

altair2020

Hi Everyone,

I am an owner of an Alienware M17x R2 and a Dell Latitude E6520.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good laptop backpack that can take these 2 Laptops...

It would be good if someone could confirm for me if the Alienware Vindicator 18" bag would be suitable to carry these 2 precious machines overseas....

I am travelling and ideally would like to stick them both in a backpack with some peripherals stuffed in ( i.e AC adapters, HDDs etc )

Thanks so much.

-John

forJAT

I would think the 18 would be able to tote all of it. The E6520 is an "semi" ultra correct? I do know you should have plenty of room with the Targus large size lap http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=CPT401DUS&PageName=Cases%20&%20Bags%20for%20Laptops%20by%20Targus%20USA&productCategoryId=5&bucketTypeId=0&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=&cp=&bannertxt=Cases%20%26%20Bags%20for%20Laptops case I have this case for my 17" Gateway and I cold fit brick and 2 10" tablets with accessories (mice) etc ... NOTE that one of my tablets was not protected as it just slide into the back pocket. the Gateway 7805u fit in there with room to spare.

altair2020

hi forJat, thanks for the update...

essentially looking for a backpack to distribute the load of carrying these...

would really like to see if they can fit in the Vindicator before i buy one... but i only have about 1.5 months left before i so out so i need to take action shortly.

ejohnson

From what I have heard, you can fit 3 (m17x, m14x, and m11x) into the orion 17 backpack.

forJAT

Well depending on how big your ultra book is you should be able to do this ... This morning I put my 17" gateway and my wife's old 14" HP laptop (full size) into her over-sized Targus backpack and it fit okay. however I would not count on protection from drops on the "loose" laptop. But from looking at the pictures I do not see why it would not fit in there ... the problem would be the "taper down" from the back to the front.

Hopefully someone who has one will weigh in but I wold guess it will work.

Sarah

I have the Dell Energy backpack which takes my AW 17 nicely and has plenty of storage space to spare. Whilst not designed specifically for 2 laptops I'd say that the middle compartment could house a 15 inch laptop quite easily. It may be a bit loose in there but at £30 it is a pretty cheap option and I've had mine since Jan 2012 and it looks as good as new. It certainly is a tough backpack and I don't exactly travel light with it!

WaLkAwaY

I lol'd at the title.
25r30wi.gif

altair2020

Hey everyone, I ended up getting the Alienware Vindicator 18" notebook backpack... It seems to fit my Alienware M17x R2, my Latitude E6520 and it even has more room at the front for a smaller laptop if necessary. I took a picture of it fully laden but was unable to upload it from work... its quiet a solid bag. I will report back at some point when i manage to ruin it or break it but it should be up to the task and i am pretty happy with the build quality of it all.

@ AeonSoul - lol you have a sick mind.

ejohnson

I just got the 17 today (won from the forums)

Check your backpack, in the pocket that has the little folder holder things, way down at the bottom there should be a zipper... unzip it :)

MattyB

I just got the 17 today (won from the forums)

Check your backpack, in the pocket that has the little folder holder things, way down at the bottom there should be a zipper... unzip it :)

I'm intrigued now........ what's hidden away down there???

ejohnson

Alright, its not really something hidden, but its a feature Im sure not many people know about.

The part that holds the tablet (also is the front of the laptop compartment area) actually unzips and is removable. This gives ample space to fit a console, or x51 inside the bag.

Im going to take a bunch of pictures of mine tonight with various laptops, desktops, and items inside of it.
The bag is actually really nice. I was expecting it to be kinda cheapish, toy like... but its built really really well.

MattyB

Ohh. Thought it may be a portal to another dimension................. :p

Sounds like they've stepped up the quality from the previous line.

forJAT

Ohh. Thought it may be a portal to another dimension................. :p

Sounds like they've stepped up the quality from the previous line.

Well, I hope so I picked up the messenger bag and I have to say I was disappointed in it. it looks cheap and while it "can" fit my laptop and some peripherals it makes it look like is bursting at the seems. After dumping $89.00 + tax I have to say that disappointment can not even begin to describe my feelings. :( I may try out the Vindicator backpack but I am not sold on the outer design of it.

McKillinTime

Look into the Everki Beacon. I am able to fit my 14 , MacBook pro and my Xbox in it. 100 on amazon.

Bolas

I've used the Alienware m17 backpack to tote both the Alienware m17x r3 and the Alienware m11x r3 with no problems. And occasionally a tablet also.

However, the m11x is a fairly small laptop, so it would depend on the size of the second laptop.