3D disabled for 675m?

dvfd9

Jan 11, 2014
alaska
hello, i had a 580M burn out in my m17x R3.

I went with a 675M - everything works fine.

I don't have any options however in nvidia control panel, for stereoscopic 3d.

are there any tricks to get this to fire up?

messed with different options and files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Nvidia Corporation\3d vision

and get strange messages: display not 3d capable, stereoscopic is not enabled.

Screen is a 3d screen. 120hz is selectable.

Is the card just not compatible or is there some trick any of you may point me to?

any help would be great.

jorlanm

Jun 22, 2013
san diego
hello, i had a 580M burn out in my m17x R3.

I went with a 675M - everything works fine.

I don't have any options however in nvidia control panel, for stereoscopic 3d.

are there any tricks to get this to fire up?

messed with different options and files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Nvidia Corporation\3d vision

and get strange messages: display not 3d capable, stereoscopic is not enabled.

Screen is a 3d screen. 120hz is selectable.

Is the card just not compatible or is there some trick any of you may point me to?

any help would be great.

Your R3 BIOS was only updated to use the 580m for 120Hz 3D...Any card you use after that will work but you need a BIOS update to reflect the 3D on the new Card...unfortunately Dell/Alienware don't support it...you can upgrade your R3 al the way to 880m but no 3D ,,, Since the last GPU bthe R3 had in its release was the 580m...

AeonSoul

Feb 21, 2012
Italy
What the guy above me said.
Your BIOS (assuming that it's stock) does not suppot cards above the 580M. Even if you go for a modded BIOS I'm not sure that will fix it. As a word of advice I would suggest you to google it cause I'm pretty much sure I've stumbled upon this kind of problem when I swapped my 560M for a 675M, but being I don't have a 3D screen I didn't paid much attention.