3D Emitter Location?

Hey everyone,

I had the Alienware M17x and had a skin made for it. The 3D emitter was clearly visible so I could give them dimensions to ensure the skin didn't cover it. On the Alienware 17 however, I cannot see the emitter at all.

Does anyone know exactly where it is located? Thanks! :)

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
The 3D emitter should be on the bottom left of your screen on the plastic bezel it is only a little rectangle like InfaRed emitter if not check your device manager for the 3D display. just to check that they have sent you a 3D screen or check your service manual it should show you exactly where it is. hope this helps

kepano24

Jan 21, 2013
HI
actually my m17xr4 (got last october) the 3d emitter is located beside the camera, if you look at it you notice there is a bigger opening for the camera and emitter..which is why it is not simply round..the emiiter is not going to be located at the bottom of the screen.....and yes i have the 3d led wide screen with the nvidia package

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
actually my m17xr4 (got last october) the 3d emitter is located beside the camera, if you look at it you notice there is a bigger opening for the camera and emitter..which is why it is not simply round..the emiiter is not going to be located at the bottom of the screen.....and yes i have the 3d led wide screen with the nvidia package

Well I was just going off the user manual I googled
http://forum.notebookreview.com/ali...ne-know-where-exactly-3d-emitter-located.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DeRon1

Oct 5, 2012
AREA 51
Well my M17 R4 was bought last October as well and my 3d emitter is located approx 1 inch in on the lower left side of the monitor. So I guess they tried 2 places last year! dunno where it is on the new beast! wherever it is located you can bet that it is an awesome addition to gaming ;)