test

4 generations of alienware under one roof

holeyguy66

i know own 4 generations of alienware all will be running at some point.
o and i had to snag a pic of the wife swapping out one of the sides on her p2.

XD
I have 2 generations in 3 laptops. :p

I'd love to grab a Area 51 Phoebos case, id be so stoked to get one of those, espeiclaly if it was black.

toondw

Ahhhhh..........alienware love! Wonder if I can get my wife into it?

4 Beta

holeyguy66

yea it does matty. and toon my wife really isnt into the pc stuff i just told her if your gonna want to game and use an alienware your gonna learn to work on it. just leave the hardware and software stuff to me

holeyguy66

its like i told her when she bought her truck if your gonna drive your gonna know how to work on it. im a car mechanic by day and computer nerd by night. i originally was gonna by the p2 for a friend then he told me no so the more i looked at it the more it told me to buy it so i did. then i made the mistake of asking my wife which one she wanted the green p1 or the p2. and i bet you cant guess which one she chose.

holeyguy66

Get her an x51 with a 360 controller.
i would rather gouge my eyes out then have an x51 in my house. i stand by what i said about it when they launched it. alienware was never about the mass's it was not a right to own one. the x51 isnt a bad marketing move but why get rid of the flag ship for this tiny tiny thing they call a pc. o and then not even make the aurora bigger. yea i can go on all day about why i hate it. i will never have one in my house ever

toondw

i would rather gouge my eyes out then have an x51 in my house. i stand by what i said about it when they launched it. alienware was never about the mass's it was not a right to own one. the x51 isnt a bad marketing move but why get rid of the flag ship for this tiny tiny thing they call a pc. o and then not even make the aurora bigger. yea i can go on all day about why i hate it. i will never have one in my house ever

Hereth end the lesson...... ;)

4 Beta

I want an x51 because i could use it in a lan set up. or down the line. My m17X is also an HDTV with that HDMI, and Instead of getting a whole new set up i think it'd be pretty tight to just pick up an x51+tactx keyboard or a duckyshine keyboard(with purple backlighting) and just hook it up to my laptop. I could do that with an aurora, yeah, but the aurora is big and the x51 is a tiny little thing.

I am kinda bummed that the x51 doesnt have an overclocking motherboard but its alright for its size. i mean you can oc the gpu and i saw a "mod" on youtube where you take the intake fan for the x51 chassis and flip it around to be an eject fan. makes it so you can use non reference cards.

MattyB

I really like my X51. I had a spare 46" TV and now I have the X51 and Xbox controller hooked up to it in the kitchen area with a comfy couch and it's basically my full-time pretend console set up. When I want to sit down properly and do some WASD gaming I run into another room and jump on the ALX. When I want to game while watching football I use the M18x in the lounge room. Got all bases covered! :D

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Although.....I am thinking about selling it to help finance a new AW laptop (which I'm not sure I really like anyway)

holeyguy66

heres my take on it if you want portable get a laptop. i mean the x51 did start a trend in pc world but. the biggest reason i hate it is the fact it replaced the area 51 and they hyped it up to be something mind blowing when in all actuallity its just an xbox on steroids. even my wife dont like it and she dont know pcs very well. to each there own im not gonna knock some one for getting one unless they walk up to me and act all god like with it. thats where i draw the line

jayhernandez7

I can never keep a computer case without modding it lol. I'd definitely mod the crap out that case, maybe some bigger, quieter fans.

holeyguy66

yea im thinking just using that silver case as a server/ smaller system. once i give my wife what i currently have she will have a monster of a system. then the p1 will get my old hand me downs. the silver case has mounts for 80mm fans which suck but i can make it work.