test

750 Ti SC in x51

Ridix

Just thought id do my share to the community and let you all know that the 750 Ti of any form is an awesome upgrade for x51, bumped my Heaven Benchmark score from 280 to 570 with same i3 processor and 6gb of ram. Also runs about 10 C cooler and i can actually touch the back of the card while its running.

Carson2006

Out of curiosity, what Graphics card were you running before, and what psu are you currently using?

A little Google search makes it seem like the major breakthrough is the "Maxwell" architecture of the card itself. The Maxwell architecture gives Nvidia the ability to make power efficient graphics cards. One of the metrics that keeps showing up is Performance-per-watt. Since the psu appears to be one of the weaker components in the X51, this sounds like good news to me.

Congrats on your new card and I wish you happy hunting with your new found FPS!

Cheers,
Carson

Ridix

180 watt, I was going to buy a 760 and a 330 watt power supply but I saw that the 750ti was being released it saved me a lot of money. I am coming from a 645, good thing I changed it because my old card was making a terrible ringing noise that would actually give me ear aches. I wonder if dell will rma that card it still has 10 months warranty on it.

jayhernandez7

Congrats man! You should pop off the side panel and take a picture, post it :)
This forum LOVES pictures!

Ridix

Sorry just took it apart today to put my 1TB HDD back in along with the ssdphoto.jpg

jayhernandez7

Man that thing looks sexy! I was going to buy that GPU for my Alienware Aurora, but went with the bigger version (since it fits ;)) I will however, have to grab this little one if I decided to buy this little case. Great picture by the way, nice and clear!