test

? about upgrading video card and memory

ReZiK

I have the Alienware M17xR3 and its freaking awesome. But its lacking graphics. i am running the 560m and the laptop was giving to me my question is can i buy the video card and do this myself an easy process or have dell do it or is it not possible at all. question to is how do i no if i can run 2 cards or can i get the highest card possible if anyone can help out that would be great.

thanks everyone

MattyB

Hey mate! Yeah you can update your card pretty easily. If you have the money, the GTX 680M is the way to go. You could go for a 675M but that's only a rebadged 580. You'll see a difference but the 680 is far superior. Head to YouTube for some vids on how to do it. You'll also need some thermal paste. You can also go for an AMD card but I'm an Nvidia guy! Good luck and let us know how you go!

ReZiK

I play bf3 wat kind of stats can i expect and also were do buy these cards at. Thank u

Sleepy

I thought the buggiest card you can fit in a m17x was a gtx675 and the gtx680 only fitts in the bigger m18x ?

MattyB

I thought the buggiest card you can fit in a m17x was a gtx675 and the gtx680 only fitts in the bigger m18x ?

No you can put the 680M in there. Dell actually gives you the option to put a 680M into the M17x R4 when you buy it. You can even put a 680M into an M15x. The M18x just has the extra room for 2 of the beauties, like you have! :D

kepano24

I have a 675m and runs perfect....even high settings on crisis 3 in MP..around 60fps...but I may upgrade before October...I'm looked on eBay but I'm not sure what kit I should look into

Shadowspike

Let him give it to dell or sumone whos worked with laptops before...
Cus its no use landing up with a paper weight in ure hands ....specially if u hav no prior experience with the same
CUs u need to be precise in applying the thermal gel cus in case u forget even one u cud land up with an overheating problem

kepano24

Are you like dell phone support. Lol. Seeing as your in India telling him to let dell do it