test

Adding 2nd 5.1 soundcard to X51 R2

SFAlfaDude

Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to add a second PCI/PCIe soundcard to the X51 R2?
It has an onboard soundcard (Realtek) but i need to add a second one to allow Simvibe to work with some transducers for my motionless sim racing rig cockpit.

So is there a spare PCI/PCIe slot inside?

Thanks
Alfa

ejohnson

You will need a mpcie to pcie adapter. They can be gotten online. You will then install that into the wifi card slot, then put the sound card into that adapter..

SFAlfaDude

Thanks, I would never have thought of that way to approach this. I guess then the only issue will be how to access the 2nd soundcards inputs without cutting holes in the exterior of the case!

thanks for your help.

ejohnson

If you dont mind having the side panel off you could just double sided tape it to the gpu mounting cage.

Otherwise, install it inside the case, then go to radio shack and get some headphone jacks. drill your holes for each one onto the back of the case, then using some headphone plugs you can solder them to the new jacks, then just plug them into the soundcard mounted inside the computer.

SFAlfaDude

If you dont mind having the side panel off you could just double sided tape it to the gpu mounting cage.

Otherwise, install it inside the case, then go to radio shack and get some headphone jacks. drill your holes for each one onto the back of the case, then using some headphone plugs you can solder them to the new jacks, then just plug them into the soundcard mounted inside the computer.

Thanks again, great idea. I have work to do! Thanks