test

adding another hard drive

Jtravapd

Sup guys, I am realizing that i didn't need to get the bluray player for my laptop and should have installed another hard drive instead. Can someone point me in the right direction on how i go about doing that now? What website do i go to and which hard drive is made for my system. Currently i have 500gig Samsung SSD drive as my OS drive and a 700Gig western digital 7200rpm drive. If i remove the bluray drive I can replace it with one more hard drive or is there room for 2 more? I only ask because i saw an option on alienware.com that allowed for 4 SSD drives in a raid array. I never set up a raid array but i could probably figure it out with alittle help.

Also for some reason i can't get bluray movies to play on my laptop anyway. lol. i tried installing codecs, i even installed cyberlink 13 which should be able to play them and nothing. the drive reads that there is a movie there it just won't play anything.

Falcon

Sup guys, I am realizing that i didn't need to get the bluray player for my laptop and should have installed another hard drive instead. Can someone point me in the right direction on how i go about doing that now? What website do i go to and which hard drive is made for my system. Currently i have 500gig Samsung SSD drive as my OS drive and a 700Gig western digital 7200rpm drive. If i remove the bluray drive I can replace it with one more hard drive or is there room for 2 more? I only ask because i saw an option on alienware.com that allowed for 4 SSD drives in a raid array. I never set up a raid array but i could probably figure it out with alittle help.

Also for some reason i can't get bluray movies to play on my laptop anyway. lol. i tried installing codecs, i even installed cyberlink 13 which should be able to play them and nothing. the drive reads that there is a movie there it just won't play anything.

Try with different BR movie , because they give you exceptional quality. Try vlc player which can play some BR movies just to check there is no technical defect.
Wrt other prob about HDD/SDD well let me simple and I don't know.

Jtravapd

What about adding another hard drive falcon? is it difficult to do? (swapping out the bluray drive for a hard drive) I'm really happy with the performance my SSD gives me . I probably would just get another one just like it. Would running it in Raid 0 really make that much of a difference? or would i be better off just running it normally and gaining the extra 500gigs of space. (running the drives in raid only lets you use the amount of 1 of hte drives correct? im not sure if i understand how raid works. i thought of it like running video cards in SLI, where the memory used isn't stacked, if each card has 4 gigs of ram the total the computer can use is 4 gigs not 8. is that the way RAID 0 works?)