test

Alien Command Center

Maelstrom

For those of you who have the M14xR2, M17xR4, M18xR2 and (newer) X51 you already have the update.

For everyone else, you can download the new Command Center which includes a much improved interface and the AlienAdrenaline feature.

AlienAdrenaline is a new feature that creates customizable desktop shortcuts that carry out a specific set of tasks when you enable it to start up a game. Each of the tasks is included in a sequence as well so that you don't get bogged down trying to do ten things at once.

Example: Lets say I create a shortcut using the program for Portal 2. I can click on the shortcut and have any media player pop up and start playing some music to drown out GLaDOS. Then it would start FRAPS so that I could start recording the game and VoIP to chat with someone I was in Co-op with. After that it would bring up a webpage with a tutorial, in what ever browser I choose, so that I can get through the 'harder' levels (not that I would ever really need to do so). It would then also switch my AlienFX theme to the one I created for Portal 2 and finally luanch the game.

You can have to run additional applications if you wanted to and you can change the sequence as well if you wanted. And once your done you don't have to do all those things yourself whenever you want to play what ever games you have. It can also close out certain applications if you tell it to as well.

The download is from Dell so you don't have to worry about viruses or whatever.

Note: It will require a restart once it's done updating.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers...ctCode=alienware-m14x-r2&urlProductCode=False

BlackJair

I think there must be a misunderstanding but this update is only compatible with:

Systems
Alienware Laptop M11xR3
Alienware Notebook M14xR2
Alienware Notebook M17xR4
Alienware Notebook M18xR2

The systems not listened there cannot install the new update, bad for me, good news for the owners of those systems :/.

Maelstrom

I think there must be a misunderstanding but this update is only compatible with:

The systems not listened there cannot install the new update, bad for me, good news for the owners of those systems :/.

I have already installed and tested it on my R1 version and it works fine. It's meant for the newer models but the actual difference between the old and new is so negligible that it doesn't really matter. All you have to do is download and run the program and it automatically updates (yes, it even says it's updating) your current Command Center.

MattyB

I can confirm that. I asked Dell support about it a while ago and he said it wasn't compatible with my m17x R3. Installed it and it seems to work fine.

I also have the M14xR1 and using it for months now :p
I saw it when it was released courtesy of a fellow member