Alien FX

Has anyone had any problems with their Alien FX? Sometimes I have to restart for the new theme to take effect. Okay no problem. Today from a cold start up my track pad and right side light didn't work for some reason!? I went into Alien FX and changed the theme and did another restart and "all was normal again" ...... Thought's?

Concerned considering this laptop is less than a week old.

i just got my laptop about 2 weeks ago. My alien fx in command center was stuck on green. This happened after i updated the bios to the new version. it would give me a error message when i started command center. I wound up having to have a completely new motherboard installed in order to fix it.

Me thinks I will just stick with my R4 until all these bugs are worked out

Yeah if I was in your shoes and your M17x works fine I'd wait. My laptop died so I didn't want to buy an outdated laptop on day one of owning it. (I cancelled my M18x R2 order when the new ones were released) The disadvantages of a version one..... The lighting issues only seem to happen if I have a advanced theme running. Did the X versions have advanced themes?

Sleepy

Feb 21, 2013
Uk
I had some issues with mine , after a call to dell support they changed some settings and all is correct now ... Sorry I can't remember what they changed :-( , but it is fixable , just may need to ring support for it

I had some issues with mine , after a call to dell support they changed some settings and all is correct now ... Sorry I can't remember what they changed :-( , but it is fixable , just may need to ring support for it
It only seems to happen when I run an advanced theme. The basic ones don't have issues on cold start up. If I encounter another problem I'm going to give them a ring.