test

Alien Noob

DeaDGamR

Hi, recently ordered my first ever Alienware. Been dreaming about owning one of these beasts for a couple of years now so last week I finally ordered an M17x R4 and I can't wait to get it. Tracking status went from "Pre-Production" to "In Production" yesterday so even more excited now. I went for the i7-3740QM with 3D Screen and GTX 680m, 12gb ram, blue-ray and Killer wireless in Stealth Black :)

Have been watching all the un-boxing videos and reviews etc... Stumbled upon this site a couple of days ago and I'm amazed at the vast amount of info and helpful friendly folks on here!

VincentZA

Hi there, I've recently bought my very first alienware as well! Since i was a boy of about 16 this brand has been legendary, and finally!!!
Its like a dream come true! My wife ordered it for me and its waiting for me at home. I feel so excited at times, i can barely sleep.
Hope you get to enjoy yours as much as I will mine.

yikes81

Welcome to the both of you. Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do.

Sent via Tapatalk

VincentZA

Thanks guys!! Will definitely be spending time here!
This is my first foray into forums, and it seems i'll find any answers to questions about my rig here.
Love the section for taking apart my rig to upgrade hdd's etc.

:D

MattyB

Welcome guys! It's all pretty friendly around here so feel free to grab a chair and relax for a while. :D

The guys and girls here are very helpful. I knew nothing before coming on here and now I know enough to be very dangerous to my machines. They've helped me out of a jam more than once!

DeaDGamR

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :cool: I feel like an expectant father waiting for my machine to be delivered haha. I'm sure i will be spending a fair amount of time on here :)

MattyB

I remember the first time I ordered an AW. I was looking at the tracking details at least once every 15 minutes! If I had to wait any longer I would be in a mental institution by now.
I wish I could get that feeling back of when it finally arrived on my doorstep. I have been chasing that feeling ever since! :D

yikes81

I am pretty sure that we all get that about our AWs. I don't recall having the same anticipation about any other machine delivery though. Must be an AW thing.

AeonSoul

I was looking at the tracking details at least once every 15 minutes!

Ah! I feel you there. I actually went as far as thinking to write little piece of software to refresh automatically the page every set time interveal xD

DeaDGamR

Haha, I am curious though what is the average length of time that an AW system spends "In Production" as far as their tracking system goes?

yikes81

My Alienware moved into "In Production", and stayed in that mode.

I had an issue with mine at the time, where Alienware ran out of GPU's. It moved out of the status once it started to get delivered.

DeaDGamR

Yeah I'm guessing everyone's experience will be different due to the customer specific builds. I guess I was just hoping there would be a general build time. This waiting malarky is killing me hahaha.... It's only been in production for 2 days... :-(

I just have to accept that when you build to custom spec then you have to wait that bit longer. I bet if you buy the bog standard M17x they can just take it straight of the shelf and ship it?

Now I'm just getting an error message when trying to view my laptops tracking status :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360760945.796286.jpg

Seems like its an Internal server error...

Maybe I've crashed their server with my regular clicks on the refresh button :O

DeaDGamR

It's working again, still showing as in production and edd still on or before 28th feb fingers crossed its before :)

yikes81

I just have to accept that when you build to custom spec then you have to wait that bit longer. I bet if you buy the bog standard M17x they can just take it straight of the shelf and ship it?

Im not sure about that. I think every laptop is built to order.
That way parts are not sitting there and getting old.

DeaDGamR

Well thats my Order finally moved from "In Production" to "Shipped" Yessssssss!!! PLanned delivery date is 21st Feb (Thursday)!!!

I'm not excited at all!..........Kidding, i cannot wait! Just hope there are no issues with it when i get it, keep reading about people with screens having dead pixels etc... :-(

MattyB

Awesome news! The odds are that the machine will be perfect when you get it. Unfortunately things can happen with electronics from time to time but you should be pretty safe. Fingers crossed!