Alien respawn instalation and recovery in new hard drive

adityab89

hello friends
I have upgraded my hard drive is there any way i can get factory settings when i install Alienrespwan it asks to upgraded in order to back up i forgot to make recover disk is there any way to get factory installed software's.

thanks in advance

novasti

hello friends
I have upgraded my hard drive is there any way i can get factory settings when i install Alienrespwan it asks to upgraded in order to back up i forgot to make recover disk is there any way to get factory installed software's.

thanks in advance
First option:
Put your old drive back in the system, then make a recovery disk. Then put in the new drive and perform a restore using the recovery disk.

Second option:
The system came with Windows 7 installed and you should have the product key. You can download Windows and use your same key for the new install, then install all the stock software (from Dell's site as well as your vid card manufacturer's site). I thought I saw a resource that documents all that you need to install (and in a certain order). I'll post it when I find it, if someone doesn't do it before me.

Last edited:

Maelstrom

My M14x came with the OS and Alienware Resource discs. I'm not sure but I think that the resource disc has the Alienrespawn on it. I'm not sure though so I may be wrong.

novasti

My M14x came with the OS and Alienware Resource discs. I'm not sure but I think that the resource disc has the Alienrespawn on it. I'm not sure though so I may be wrong.
Yeah, I just checked and I appear to have a disk with the full OS (not a recovery CD) as well as a resource disk (to be expected, even if out-of-date).

OP, don't use your resource disk...it will have old versions of the software that might cause issues later. I know some forum users might not have an issue with using what's on the resource disk, but it's quite possible you'll run into issues (while they didn't). Do you have an OS disk that came with the drive? If so, I'd use that to install W7 on the new drive, then go to get the latest software from the various vendors...it'll be quicker to do this and your OS will be fresh.

Also, as promised:

Use this guide to find the install order of the software and drivers and such. ***

*** Note that the URL above caters to M17xR3 owners, but should at least help guide you in the right direction.

Everyone else, chime in if you want to add or refute the above...I don't intend to appear that I know it all (because I don't). :)

adityab89

First option:
Put your old drive back in the system, then make a recovery disk. Then put in the new drive and perform a restore using the recovery disk.

Second option:
The system came with Windows 7 installed and you should have the product key. You can download Windows and use your same key for the new install, then install all the stock software (from Dell's site as well as your vid card manufacturer's site). I thought I saw a resource that documents all that you need to install (and in a certain order). I'll post it when I find it, if someone doesn't do it before me.
i forgot to tell my old hard disk crashed there was some hard ware issue so i bought new one:(

and i installed the fresh os and drivers from dell website but there is one "unkown device: on on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System i have installed all drivers that are available it it cannot be detected ::mad:

And there is not alien respawn on the resource disk :mad:

novasti

Is there any way i can get or order a recovery disk???
From my understanding of things, no. It is upon the user/owner to create their recovery disk. There is no recovery disk until you make one. It's one of the first things you're supposed to do.

Maybe if you knew someone local to you that has the same machine, you could borrow their recovery disk, if they created one.

Last edited: