test

Alien (user) on Board!

Rhetor

Just purchased my first Alienware computer, a 17" laptop with just q few extra bells and whistles.

while aI am new to Alienware, I am well versed in multiple forums.

i look forward to getting some coaching and insight on this forum to maximize the use of my new Alienware 17 laptop!

i am moving from a built up 8 year-old HP 17 laptop, and will be using my Mac Book Pro much less now, mostly for professional activities.

I look forward to getting to know some of better and ink your coaching of how I can best fully utilize the new laptop.

it is great to be aboard!

Sarah

Nice to see you here:) The 17 is ace isn't it? What "bells and whistles" did you add to it?

Rhetor

Nice to see you here:) The 17 is ace isn't it? What "bells and whistles" did you add to it?

Thanks for asking. Got the 256 gb SS drive + 750 drive, before the option disappeared. Also upgraded to the 3D bundle with the 120hz screen. Stayed with 16gb memory and the GTx 7700 (3gb) and I7 4800MQ processor.

they mistakenly put the 180 watt power supply in the order. They promise to send the 240 "after the laptop ships."

I STILL DO NOT HAVE IT!

first granted delivery date was Dec 18. Then got moved to 23 Dec . . . still says that under my account that it is in production to be delivered by 23 Dec (the delayed date). But today is Dec 24.

after repeated emails and phone calls since last week, finally got a supervisor, after many promises literally, to call me today. Said he affirmed that it was finally finished production this morning. He will call me back today, maybe, if it starts to ship. Right. Christmas Eve. And that it will come on 3-4 business days. I asked about the 2 day shipping my quote was for. He said, "Yeah, right, OK, sure ... It will be 2 days." Problem is, I live 10 hours from where I cam to do Christmas until Monday . . . But I leave here early next Monday For home. They promised to have it here on Friday before I leave on Monday, but the laptop has not been yet turned over to shipping. Planned my vacation around the original 18 Dec delivery date.

I have been lied to so many times, at least a dozen times since this order 22 days ago! I am not stretching the truth either. This has simply been the strangest, non-professional online computer purchase I have ever experienced. And to pay the premium on Alienware?

if it ever really gets shipped to wherever I am, I hope it will be worth it. I have never bought a custom laptop and gotten near the month mark for delivery. Which still may not happen.

the only excuse was, "It is a popular model." Uh, well, at an unpopular price. And, should Dell be selling custom computers when they do not have the parts to build what you have paid for?

At this point, if it is not here by Friday, I am going to cancel the order and buy a Razor Blade Pro, which, I wish now, in hindsight, I wish I had done.

anybody else have such terrible service and lies trying to buy Alienware from Dell.com?