test

AlienAutopsy TEST: problem with DVD drive MATSHITA

johannesynt

Hi! When i run ailenautopsy test, all device are ok, except DVD drive. All tests about DVD have iussues: DRAM,ROM,etc.. Alienautopsy advise me to update the firmware, but i don't know how to update the firmware of DVD drive. I tried with device manager, but it told me that firmware is up to date.
The DVD drive is the MATSHITA

MattyB

I'm not entirely sure but maybe reinstalling your chipset could help.

MattyB

If it's working fine I would suggest to leave it be then.

AeonSoul

Yeah if it's working leave it alone. AlienAutopsy says that there are some damaged sectors on my hard drive, but after running various tests with other programs, I came to the conclusion that's faulty information.

snaven

quick question, my alien autopsy recenrlt started to scan quite often so i turned it off so i can scan when i want however, it told me 3 things needed a firmware update so i clicked and it brought me to the Dell website where 12!!! updates are recommended and 1 urgent for Bios. am i suppose to do those updates....i always forget about those but 12!!!! and autopsy was pointing DRAM, Flash ROM and Main IC....not too sure how to deal with autopsy and those updates??

johannesynt

For bios, check your bios version, the latest is A09 for m14x. Anyway, in my little experience, sometimes alienautopsy doesn't work properly.

snaven

weird it says A08 on mine and says online to download it....like how do you know when to get new drivers and stuff? i never know when or how to keep track of that i always assume that if the laptop works all is good