AlienFX behavior on boot with Windows 8.1

risqoo

Hello all Aurora R4 owners.

I'm interested in how is your AlienFX behaving with Windows 8 on cold boot and restart.

When I restart the system, AlienFX is initialized 4 times in total during the process...
I have set all my zones to blue, sleep mode is zone 1 and 2 glowing morphing orange - black

Basically 4 times overall it blinks blue (ramp up fans) for about 1 second then goes black for a second and sleep theme is initialized (during boot)

last one happens about 20 seconds after logon to the system and afterwards it acts normally.

I hope you can understand my description :)

P.S. I might upload video later.

I would like to know if all users with Windows 8/8.1 experience the same.

Thank you.

MattyB

Welcome!

I have Win7 on my ALX so I can't really compare. Maybe try uninstalling your command center and then reinstalling from the Dell website.

May not do anything but worth a try

risqoo

Thx for your advice, done that 4 times including removing profiles and registry entries..no change.

It might have something to do how is Win8 written...but still want to confirm others have similar behavior.

P.S. this is not the only problem I have with functions controleld by Master I/O board - System fan and there is a blue LED (Led 4 charge) which is somethimes off/on or blinking..

P.S.2 - brand new system

holeyguy66

my cc has always blinked on boot up. maybe not four times but fans and lights blink and ramp up. id be more concerned if the fans stayed ramped up then there would be an issue. but i am running windows7 also. theres a moto. if it isnt broke dont fix it. dont try to update the cc because it might not work after wards. you can try uninstall like matty said or just leave it alone til it does mess up