test

AlienFX Controller not working after AW tactX mouse driver install

JennyM

Hey guys,

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I've been a bit lazy sorting this issue out, but after installing drivers for my AW TactX mouse, everytime I start up windows I get the alienfx controller shutdown message.

I did roll back the mouse drivers to the previous version, but didn't fix the problem.

I've done an internet search on the error message, but nothing helpful appeared.

I guess I'm trying to decide what to do next... I don't want to update the command centre because the newer version turns off the integrated mouse panel thing below ur keyboard, when u have an external mouse connected.

Should I try to reinstall the AW mouse drivers? Or should I use my M15x resource dvd & do something with it.... ?

Thanks again

Jenny

jacobberke

Plug your mouse into another port and wait for it to say searching for drivers. It should found something.

JennyM

The mouse is working fine, its the FX controller and Command Centre that are no longer working...

(Could not load file or assembly 'Alienlabs.UpgradeService, Version=1.0.49.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bebb3c8816410241' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

The resource dvd that came with the alienware mouse had command centre on it etc & drivers, so I'm wondering if my original command centre is not happy with this new stuff.... thinking I may need to delete the command centre & install it again... :O

AeonSoul

The resource dvd that came with the alienware mouse had command centre on it etc & drivers, so I'm wondering if my original command centre is not happy with this new stuff.... thinking I may need to delete the command centre & install it again... :O

This.

Probably the command center on the mouse is a different version and the drivers for the mouse are for the (I'm assuming) newer one, while the old command center you have does not like them, so it's probably causing some sort of conflict.

I'd say get rid of everything, command center/mouseCI, and do a clean install.

JennyM

Ah, Aeon to the rescue yet again, thanks :D

Done and done and fixed.

I'm all good now, back to normal :)

mAnDraK3

Hey...i got the same problem...can u explain me step by step plz...so i can start brand new or fix the alienfx...ty