test

AlienFX Question

nlaris

So I just got my M14x about 2 weeks ago, and it came with the default blue keyboard lights. I just went to change them to red, and everything works ok, but the "ALIENWARE" text thats just below the screen doesn't work properly. When blue, it looks fine, but when I try to change it to another color it just changes to a lighter/darker share of blue/green. Blue and green are the only colors that look how they should. Anybody know if there's a solution to this?

Red
Photo Sep 19, 9 52 59 PM.jpg

Blue
Photo Sep 19, 9 53 18 PM.jpg

White
Photo Sep 19, 9 53 28 PM.jpg

Yellow
Photo Sep 19, 9 53 47 PM.jpg

Maelstrom

If it won't change to any form of red at all then there is probably something wrong with the LED light behind it. These things use individual red, green, and blue lights to form more complex colors and it sounds like the red one is blown. You can probably contact the support center and either have it sent back to get repaired or have a tech guy come out to have it repaired. This sort of thing doesn't happen to often that I've seen so I don't know how they'll handle it.

nlaris

makes sense. red is completely black and white is blue/green. I'll probably just let it be, but thanks for the help

Commy1

That sucks man :( I hate it when FX screws up. I had problems with mine but I did a reinstall of Windows and reinstalled the drivers and Command Center and it was fine. Software is sooo finicky sometimes.

Maelstrom

That sucks man :( I hate it when FX screws up. I had problems with mine but I did a reinstall of Windows and reinstalled the drivers and Command Center and it was fine. Software is sooo finicky sometimes.

Lol, this is a hardware issue.

AeonSoul

Yeah it's most likely a dead red LED. If you're willing to take chances call customer support and they'll send a technician to fix it for sure :)

yikes81

Hells yeh. You paid for a beast. You should get it fully working. Call the tech and get him to go visit you at home.

ram5687

Hi Guys, I'm new, I just got my m14x r2 last week, I was wondering if is it possible to change the alienware logo lights too? the front one..