AlienOwners.com Stickers

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
What do you all think of the site selling AlienOwners.com stickers? We can use the proceeds towards a big giveaway prize, say like a M11x? The stickers would be about 6.5" wide by 1.5" high. Perfect size to put on a laptop lid or anywhere really. They would be vinyl decal stickers. Easy to put on and remove if necessary.

Let me know your thoughts....Thanks!

dnvr.dsz

that would be cool...but still i don't want to add some vinyls and ruin its classic look :p...i could use it for some other gadgets :)

btw whats with the new group of stars ?

Dantheman221

Love it! How about the first 10 ppl to get to rank 6 get it for free? :) Or, a giveaway? ^^

AeonSoul

Dan getting ahead of the rest :p
Anyhow not a bad idea per se, althrough I can't really see myself buying one since most likely the shipping costs would be higher that the sticker price lol.

dnvr.dsz

Dan getting ahead of the rest :p
Anyhow not a bad idea per se, althrough I can't really see myself buying one since most likely the shipping costs would be higher that the sticker price lol.
wait... stickers would fit in a post card so maybe it wouldn't be that bad :D

stickers are a great idea! since we are talking stickers, posters can be done too!

and yeah I noticed some changes and also Tommy "unleveled" now :D
"the first n members to reach level x" is just gonna attract spammers and a (bit?) trouble
I'd say other interesting eligibility options for special giveaways, like the current one is fine, maybe others like contribution in the forums, old school etc.

You can have more categories of members like the normal ones, and some special like "contributors", "VIPs" etc. for various reasons.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
wait... stickers would fit in a post card so maybe it wouldn't be that bad :D
Right...They would fit inside a folder piece of paper and into a standard size envelope, just .45 cent to mail in the US and around $1.50 for international.

The pricing would be something like this...

US Members: 2 for $8
International Members: 2 for $10

Or we could just sell 100 raffle tickets at $10 each, and that would get a $1000 M11x prize. LOL :)

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
and yeah I noticed some changes and also Tommy "unleveled" now :D
"the first n members to reach level x" is just gonna attract spammers and a (bit?) trouble
I got something configured incorrectly because you should not be at Level 1 as you have not been registered for 30 days. I am working on fixing it now. Then I'll run the update tools and who ever is not suppose to be in a level usergroup will go back to were they are suppose to be. This will also remove any giveaway entries the user was not suppose to have.

dnvr.dsz

I got something configured incorrectly because you should not be at Level 1 as you have not been registered for 30 days. I am working on fixing it now. Then I'll run the update tools and who ever is not suppose to be in a level usergroup will go back to were they are suppose to be. This will also remove any giveaway entries the user was not suppose to have.
ummmm heyyy he has enough number of posts to be in Lvl1 or is that some bug?

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
You must met both criteria to be in Level 1, registered for at least 30 days and have at least 100 posts. This eliminates a lot of fly by night spammers.

Belon

becareful with the update tools vBulletin 4.1.12 Tommy sometimes it will ruin up any mods..

back to the topics..sticker is good..u make the design and post here..we can discuss and improve it..i want to stick it at my car..weeee

dnvr.dsz

You must met both criteria to be in Level 1, registered for at least 30 days and have at least 100 posts. This eliminates a lot of fly by night spammers.
oh that explains...that means i have long way to go to reach level 2 :(

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
oh that explains...that means i have long way to go to reach level 2 :(
You'll get there. It really is better for the community this way. :)

Ok, I got the settings fixed. It is all tested and working now. I think it only affected one user anyway. I will work on the getting the new rank images up tonight. They will be a similar design to the staff badges. Colors and text different of course.

Now back to the topic of this thread. Selling stickers(or 100 raffle tickets @ $10 each) to buy an $1000 M11x to raffle off!!! :)

EMT911inWI

You'll get there. It really is better for the community this way. :)

Ok, I got the settings fixed. It is all tested and working now. I think it only affected one user anyway. I will work in the getting the new rank images up tonight. They will be a similar design to the staff badges. Colors and text different of course.

Now back to the topic of this thread. Selling stickers(or 100 raffle tickets @ $10 each) to buy an $1000 M11x to raffle off!!! :)
Raffle tickets ftw!!! COUNT ME IN! We could very easily sell them off fairly quickly with a little bit of advertising! I would make something that would benefit us as well though. IE..visit our FB page..like our page..then be taken to a page to purchase raffle tickets. This way we generate more traffic through the page it requires them to "like" the page in order to get future updates from us.

oh yeah didn't notice that :O

MattyB

Staff member
I would be proud to throw one on the back of my car!