AlienOwners Forum Features Reference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
The vBulletin forum software we are running has some very nice features. This thread will be continually updated to let members know about them and how to use them to their advantage.

[HR][/HR]
-Multiquote-

Allows you to respond to multiple members/posts at one time.

The multiquote button with the check mark indicates that you have selected this post for multiquoting. Once you have select all the posts that you would like to respond to, continue by clicking on the 'Reply to Thread' button. Then insert your responses under each persons quoted text in the Quick Reply box.

Alternately, you can choose to use the Advance Reply box by clicking on the 'Go Advanced" button.

Note: Be careful with this feature because it's possible to multiquote a post from one thread and bring it into a different thread.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
I am bumping this thread since I have been merging a lot of consecutive posts lately. Multi-quote a nice feature of this forum's software so please try to use it when applicable.

Thanks!

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
Double Post Prevention Feature

A new feature of the forum has been add. It is called double post prevention. When you make consecutive posts in the same thread, it will be auto merged with your last post. The post time stamp will be updated with the time of the merge.

Example said:
This is the last post the a thread.

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

my consecutive post was merged.

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

and merged again since i posted consecutively again.

Status
Not open for further replies.