test

Alienware 13 motherboard

reasonklayton

Hi guys, so I have an Alienware 13 with i5 5200u and gtx960m, the motherboard’s number is zap00 la-302p. motherboard got burned, I’m trying to find another one. I found a motherboard with good price but with i7 6500u. Is everything gonna be okay, is it gonna work with the whole system ? The motherboard I want to buy is: Description: Dell Alienware 13 R2 Laptop Motherboard w/ Intel i7-6500U 2.5Ghz CPU, LA-C901P, AAP01

Last edited:

MattyB

You shouldn't have an issue. It should be a pretty decent upgrade with the i7.

reasonklayton

You shouldn't have an issue. It should be a pretty decent upgrade with the i7.
Even if my laptop is R1 and the mb is R2? Is there big difference? I mean if you want to change the whole motherboard, I’m just confused, cause some people say that it’s like gambling, and I don’t want to waste money for 50/50 deal

MattyB

Ahh I got confused there as the R1 originally came out with the 860M so I was thinking yours was the R2 but I believe you have the upgraded revision of the R1 with the 960M.
I believe you can still do the motherboard upgrade but I can't say for sure. I'm pretty sure the chassis form factor wasn't changed. I'll see if I can find out more information.

outta-warranty

The rear ports not aligned because they changed the position of them a bit and also the R1 has 3 rear ports, the R2 has 2 rear ports.

MattyB

Yeah you're right. I just had a look at pictures of my old R1 and R2 and the R2 doesn't have the Display Port at the back.

You'll need Dell Part# V7VWN but they aren't going cheap.