Alienware 14 SSD upgrade

Cloud

Feb 1, 2014
Honolulu
Hey guys,

I recently bought an alienware 14 with the upgraded 16gb RAM, 1080 screen and the 765 nvidia graphics card. The hard is a regular 500gb with 8gb cache. I was looking for a SSD to replace it. My question is, is the crucial SSD alienware 14 compatible, and if so would the 240gb model suffice? Or would there be another one that would be recommended?

Thanks guys

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
Yah that's what I've got, with rapid enabled in Samsung's ssd program you get off their site, I get slightly over 1000mbps read and write speed...yeah you read that right!!! That program also tells the health and gives recommendations to help improve certain things. I only got maybe 400mbps read and barely 300 write on my crucial. Sammy makes the best everything imo, even their memory is superior in every way.

tappin from the neXus 5

Last edited:

Cloud

Feb 1, 2014
Honolulu
Yah that's what I've got, with rapid enabled in Samsung's ssd program you get off their site, I get slightly over 1000mbps read and write speed...yeah you read that right!!! That program also tells the health and gives recommendations to help improve certain things. I only got maybe 400mbps read and barely 300 write on my crucial. Sammy makes the best everything imo, even their memory is superior in every way.

tappin from the neXus 5

Put in my purchase for the 840 pro! Is there anything else I would need to install it?