Alienware 14 SSD upgrade

Cloud

Hey guys,

I recently bought an alienware 14 with the upgraded 16gb RAM, 1080 screen and the 765 nvidia graphics card. The hard is a regular 500gb with 8gb cache. I was looking for a SSD to replace it. My question is, is the crucial SSD alienware 14 compatible, and if so would the 240gb model suffice? Or would there be another one that would be recommended?

Thanks guys

sway

I would get the Samsung evo, best ssd hands down. I had a crucial and the evo blew it away in speed.

tappin from the neXus 5

Cloud

I would get the Samsung evo, best ssd hands down. I had a crucial and the evo blew it away in speed.

tappin from the neXus 5

Would you recommend the SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)?

sway

Yah that's what I've got, with rapid enabled in Samsung's ssd program you get off their site, I get slightly over 1000mbps read and write speed...yeah you read that right!!! That program also tells the health and gives recommendations to help improve certain things. I only got maybe 400mbps read and barely 300 write on my crucial. Sammy makes the best everything imo, even their memory is superior in every way.

tappin from the neXus 5

Last edited:

Cloud

Yah that's what I've got, with rapid enabled in Samsung's ssd program you get off their site, I get slightly over 1000mbps read and write speed...yeah you read that right!!! That program also tells the health and gives recommendations to help improve certain things. I only got maybe 400mbps read and barely 300 write on my crucial. Sammy makes the best everything imo, even their memory is superior in every way.

tappin from the neXus 5

Put in my purchase for the 840 pro! Is there anything else I would need to install it?

sway

Put in my purchase for the 840 pro! Is there anything else I would need to install it?

Actually the 840 pro is slower than the evo, my friend has one and saw what I'm getting with mine and is jelly.

tappin from the neXus 5

Cloud

I missed clicked and didn't double check the order. Is the evo that much faster?

sway

I missed clicked and didn't double check the order. Is the evo that much faster?

With rapid mode enabled yes, 500mbps faster. The only way to duplicate those speeds is more ssds in raid.

tappin from the neXus 5

sway

You do have sata 3 correct?

tappin from the neXus 5

Cloud

You do have sata 3 correct?

tappin from the neXus 5
You got it

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

So I've just decided to return the pro and pick up the evo. I appreciate all the help and input!

Cloud

Ok you'll have no prob hitting that speed with the evo.

tappin from the neXus 5

Would you recommend not installing samsung wizard? And would I have I download alienfx from the website? I have not touched anything yet. I have the windows 64 bit cd for installation as well as the other discs the laptop came with.