ckfordy

I have a Alienware 14 purchased in 2013

Intel i7 4900MQ
GTX765m
16 GB ram
256 GB msata
750 GB HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate

Ive been having temp problems with my laptop. Whenever I run Prime 95 or the Dell diagnostic the programs start to run and then my computer shuts off. The temps do get around 100C and I know that is the max for this processor.

I have reapplied the thermal paste with Arctic silver 5 and I still have fairly high temperatures.

My idle temps are usually around 50-60c and when im playing a game the temps go anywhere from 60 to 100c.

Anybody else with these problems? Is there a fix for it?

frontrange

I only have a 4700MQ CPU, but my temps are no where near that high -- I run around mid 40's on idle and haven't seen it go above 77 on Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool stress test. I will be running Prime later today and let you know what I find.

What BIOS are your running? I think they adjusted the fan profile in one of them.

ckfordy

Im running the latest BIOS A09. Ive got a cooling pad on order so that should lower temps. I did get a cooler master lapdesk with a fan in it and that has taken the temps down into the low 40s on idle but whenever I run any kind of stress test the thing shuts off. Im using hwinfo64 to manually control the fan speed to and it still shuts off.