Alienware 14 [Windows 10] Upgrade - perfect

Nhirlathothep

no problems at all with the 1 click upgrade. (no clean install)
just clicked on the button and waited 1 hour (many reboots)
All lights and alienware programs are perfect

naebother1972

Hi, glad yous went OK.
Mine is fine, except my integrated webcam doesn't have a driver, and visiting the Dell website is no help at all!

naebother1972

Think I'm going back to Win 7 anyway. Boot times for me are very erratic, going from very slow to incredibly slow. Dramatic pause waiting for some programs to open up too. Clean install may have made a difference I suppose.
I should have known better. Windows 7 was working fine, but I couldn't leave it alone!!!!

Nhirlathothep

Think I'm going back to Win 7 anyway. Boot times for me are very erratic, going from very slow to incredibly slow. Dramatic pause waiting for some programs to open up too. Clean install may have made a difference I suppose.
I should have known better. Windows 7 was working fine, but I couldn't leave it alone!!!!

on mine all is faster with 10 :(

i don t like 10, but talking about performance seems better

jbomb7124

I went to 10 on my 17 and didn't like it so I went back to 8.1 now on boot in the upper left corner it says checking media ... then failed then go's to the aw start screen idk what media it's checking as all my drives are in working order...

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

MattyB

Mine was booting so much faster with Win10. Came across a massive problem though. I had been running my M18x on the Intel graphics because i mainly use it at work and I have it unplugged sometimes and the battery lasts about 10 secs with my two 780Ms. I tried switching it back over to the NV cards today and my old drivers were not supported. I have to use modded drivers anyway with the 780Ms. Win10 and nvidia are apparently having lots of issues. I cannot seem to find a driver that can get my cards to work and I have also read that even if I do, I may start blowing LCDs. This has happened to Mr Fox who is one of the best know M18x owners out there.
Back on Win7 now and I feel like I'm at home sleeping in my own bed again.

jbomb7124

Nah 10 is crap. Give it a couple years it may get better

99taws6

Nah 10 is crap. Give it a couple years it may get better

I am running 10 on a few machines and I love it. The OS is far from crap. My question was more specific to the Alienware 14 and of Dell has gotten their heads out of their butts and updated their stuff to support 10 fully. Thanks

Brad Isaac

I tried half a dozen times to do the upgrade and got a 0x80070002-0x20009 error. "installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase"

Applied Microsoft's standard fixes for this error, but still failed. No matter if I did in place upgrade or booted from media to upgrade.

naipku

after upgrade to win10, my bluetooth not working but wifi is normal, how can I fix it ?