test

Alienware 15 R2 Keyboard Problems

ontargetsniper

Without boring any of you with the details my 15 R1 kinda went up in flames about a month ago. After dell repeatedly tried and failed to fix it they eventually decided to give me a refurbished R2 as a replacement. Everything works great on it except the keyboard which stops working randomly. it's only specific key combinations for the most part. Left shift and w will just stop working as will right shift and question mark. Oddly enough the w key keeps working fine as does the shift key with other combinations, but not together. When the right shift stops working with ? the left shift will still work with it, but the right shift won't work with w. After playing around with it I figured out if I press shift and w and then let go of shift the capital W will appear. I already plugged in an external keyboard and waited until my laptop keys stopped working, and it worked perfectly. As far as I can tell it's completely random as it will happen in games, on web browsers or just typing on notepad. If anyone can help me it would be very appreciated as I would like to avoid the dell replace anything and everything cycle until they give me another that'll happen if I call tech support.

Vats

If Dell has a tech in this forum they should covey the message "How unsatisfied customers are with its SupportSystem"