Alienware 17 false boot

Locutus2k

Aug 16, 2014
Italy
Hi everybody: i have a brand new Alienware 17 with i7 4910MQ cpu nvidia GTX 880M, 16gb ram, 3D display and SSD drive LITEONIT + WD hd.
Everything works very well but i have a random issue: on first boot sometime the laptop turns itself off after few seconds. I hit power on, lights are on, system start to spinning then shut off. Hit power a 2nd time and everything works weel and i can stay up for hours, playing games or surfing the net with no issues.
This happens random in both wired or battery mode. So far i've upgraded only bios from A09 to 11/12/13 but no changes.
I've run the full diagnostics twice (it took hours) and everything reported fine, no problems. On a pc desktop (different brand) i've had the same issue and it turns out it was the SSD firmware (it was a Samsung) that needs to be upgraded, but on the Dell site there are no firmware updates for the Liteonit.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Luigi

Locutus2k

Aug 16, 2014
Italy
Ifg someone mey be interested: i've found that with bios A12 the issue is gone, so i've downgraded bios from A13 to A12. So far so good.

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Well ... spoke too soon, still have the random "false boot" even with bios A12.
At this point i'd really appreciate some word of advice. Don't know if send it for assistance, because everything works fine after the first "false" boot and all the diagnostics are fine.