Alienware 17 with Triple Monitors?

Pr8Dator

Anyone here tried to link up a triple monitor on our alienware17 with any success? I wanna make sure its game playable before I commit to the whole setup. (Three monitors daisy chained on a display port hub)

Pr8Dator

Figured out the solution myself through lots of trial and error. If someone would to post something like this, that would have saved me days of experimentation. As such, here are my findings for all your benefits.\

Time saver 1: Alienware17 with single GTX770M DO NOT support Nvidia Surround. As such, don't bother to experiment endlessly how to enable it. You simply won't see the option to do so in the NV control panel. Nvidia Surround for multiple screen gaming (even dual screen) is enabled only for twin GTX770M in SLI, which is the Alienware18.

So, if you still want to game in two or three screens using your Alienware17, you need a third party software called SoftTH. Goggle for it and you will find plenty of downloads and resources. Note that multiple screens take a severe performance hit. I am getting only about half the framerate I was getting using a single screen and my two side screens are set to an extremely low 1280 x 1024 for peripheral vision and the center monitor (which is my laptop screen) at 1920 x 1080. Graphics are also toned down for better smoothness.

Even though graphic quality took a hit, the improved immersion was truly worth it! Especially playing cockpit sims like mechwarrior online in a darkened room. Its too immersive an experience to forego for sharper graphics.

Hope this helps all of you wanting multiple screen gaming with your alienware17.

tolitsaso

Thanks Mate! I was just researching and found this. Saved me lots of time!!! Thanks for sharing

Duckman0537

Figured out the solution myself through lots of trial and error. If someone would to post something like this, that would have saved me days of experimentation. As such, here are my findings for all your benefits.\

Time saver 1: Alienware17 with single GTX770M DO NOT support Nvidia Surround. As such, don't bother to experiment endlessly how to enable it. You simply won't see the option to do so in the NV control panel. Nvidia Surround for multiple screen gaming (even dual screen) is enabled only for twin GTX770M in SLI, which is the Alienware18.

So, if you still want to game in two or three screens using your Alienware17, you need a third party software called SoftTH. Goggle for it and you will find plenty of downloads and resources. Note that multiple screens take a severe performance hit. I am getting only about half the framerate I was getting using a single screen and my two side screens are set to an extremely low 1280 x 1024 for peripheral vision and the center monitor (which is my laptop screen) at 1920 x 1080. Graphics are also toned down for better smoothness.

Even though graphic quality took a hit, the improved immersion was truly worth it! Especially playing cockpit sims like mechwarrior online in a darkened room. Its too immersive an experience to forego for sharper graphics.

Hope this helps all of you wanting multiple screen gaming with your alienware17.

Will the new 2015 Alienware 17 be able to do this?