Alienware 18 Battery Won't Charge

AlienRSM

Is there anyone that can help me with my battery not charging with the power cable. The power supply works. It says charging for about 30 secs and then it just stops. It's really weird, just the other day it charged to 39% and I had turned the laptop off. When I got home it was at 3%. How is that possible? Then after I have it turned on it takes 1 hour to get to 4%. The next day its at 5%. I pull the power supply out and it goes straight to 3% again. I'm clueless. If anyone can help I'm new to the forum and would really appreciate it. Thanks

MattyB

Hello and welcome, with the battery and power adapter plugged in try running the ePSA Diagnostic. Fress F12 while booting to get into the boot menu and select the diagnostic from there. My guess is that your battery health is too low to hold a proper charge. It is also possible that the adapter is working but not well enough to supply enough charging power.
OEM batteries for the 17 R1 and 18 are getting very hard to find and can be expensive. There are aftermarket ones available on ebay and possibly some OEM ones.

SPORTPHOTO

Hola, descarga la aplicación HWINFO32 a tu laptop, es gratuita y es para 32 y 64.
Esta aplicación evaluará el estado o deterioro de tu batería y te lo informará.
Normal o sin defectos 0
Si tiene defectos informará del 1 al 4 de calificación.
(Muy parecido a como se evalúa la batería de una cámara fotográfica)

bestbuyet

Is there anyone that can help me with my battery not charging with the power cable. The power supply works. It says charging for about 30 secs and then it just stops. It's really weird, just the other day it charged to 39% and I had turned the laptop off. When I got home it was at 3%. How is that possible? Then after I have it turned on it takes 1 hour to get to 4%. The next day its at 5%. I pull the power supply out and it goes straight to 3% again. I'm clueless. If anyone can help I'm new to the forum and would really appreciate it. Thanks
avoid non Original manufactures batteries as they do not work well from my experience best up to date was 45 minutes fully charged