Alienware 18 Bios Driver update....?

miscott57

Hello.
I recently picked up a re-manufactured Alienware 18. Not the R1, R2, ect. Just "18". Love it so far. Think it was new in 2012?
My question is, ...When I ran the Alienware Assist it shows that I need to update the Bios with a driver., release date 11-15-18, File name VAS10A14.exe.
Anyone else already updated their's with this driver? Any problems? Thoughts?
I don't know much about the inner workings of a computer, but I know enough to know that if you screw up the Bios, you could end up with a very large paperweight.
Thanks

MattyB

Hello,
I don't have your machine sorry but here's my insight.
The general rule is that if you aren't having any issues with your machine then don't flash the BIOS. Saying that, I always update my BIOS whether I need it or not. I've never had any issues but you do hear of horror stories. It's completely up to you so I don't want to tell you to do it or not. Personally I would. If you do, it is always best to flash each update in order, if you are a few versions behind. The rule is no more than 3 versions but I do each one. Never ever jump way ahead.
There are ways of recovering from a bad BIOS flash but they aren't always 100% effective. Make sure you have a steady power supply and you don't have kids who can walk past and pull your power from the wall.