alienware 18x r1 problem

Ziewe

May 15, 2014
Lithuania
Hi, i bougt a allienware m18x r1 last week, but i have problem, i think its with gpu fan. The problem is, i play a minecraft about hour or 2, and me screen just make dark, sounds disapier, then i turn of me laptop i check gpu temp and shows 70C, air intake is good. If i play BF2 on very hight graphics its turn of about 1min then start play, how fix this problem?
Thnaks.
:):(

P.S.
Then i turns off i fast check laptom frame temps with hands and its just about ~30-40C

Playtime747

Apr 16, 2014
FLA
Alienwulf hit the nail on the head... :) Video card 1 on my R2 was overheating when I received it. It would hit 90C and throttle down killing my FPS. The problem was, It had a small drop of thermal compound on it. Replaced all my compound on both cards and CPU with aftermarket and all is good now. I don't know how old yours is but, it may need to have the thermal compound replaced on the heatsink or worst case a bad video card. Good luck!!!

Ziewe

May 15, 2014
Lithuania
hi guys, i fix a little bit a problem, in my loptop was only 3d vision driver, and i downloaded from nvidia web a ful video card drivers, and now pc stuck about 4hours game play, i think i need to reinstall windows, but i have only reinstallation dvd, so how can i completle delete windows from laptop and install with reinstallation dvd, or i need tu buy new windows? or i need just download from somewhere win 7 and instal to dvd and then use me license key ?:)
thanks for help