test

Alienware amplifier pro and con for X51

Niwa565

I'm currently running a 960 gtx for my X51 R3 system and thinking about upgrading the GPU to a 1080 or 1070 in order to support 4K gaming. I'm not too familiar with the amplifier so just curious on the pro n con of using one:

1: is the GPU potential gonna be limit/cut down via the amp vs the traditional intergraded inside the system itself ??

2: is it basically a plug and play system for the x51 ?? Any issues/bug ?

tangonaninc

You don't need the amplifer..... just take out the fan behind the alienware head and you can put in the GTX 1080 or 1070. I currently run the GTX 980 with no problems. The amp is there to make more money out of you. Save that $200 and put it towards the graphics card.

Dan.J

The AMP works fine, I currently have a 980ti in mine. Performance is what it should be. The amp makes since if your running a GPU that has more power draw then the X51 can handle, the amp makes since if your running a card that makes alot of heat and you don't want your GPU running 80c+ all the time when loaded , the amp makes since if you are worried about warantee issues if you start pulling fans out and chopping case parts up ect of your X51 to make a card fit inside.