Alienware Area 51 ALX R1 - new front panel assembly wanted.

Hi guys,

My first post on here, which is surprising considering I've owned Alienware PC's over the past 10 years or so, but does anyone want to sell, or know where I can obtain the Dell part number : X504R which is the front motorized panel assembly for my Area 51 ALX.

I am based in the UK

TIA

Cass-Olé

Jan 9, 2013
Virginia
Capture1.JPG
Head to Dell/UK & click the blue 'we're here to help' button, it will expand & then click the chat w/ sales link, open chat window & ask them if there are any left in stock. I just chatted with Dell/US, they don't have any

**Note: I chatted with Dell/US last month or so, they still had W558R (cosmic black) & R841R (grey) bezels**

You can try google of course (also filter results as an 'image' search), ebay/UK or eBay/Europe … they're getting harder to find, my advice is that even if u can't find one today or this week, play the waiting game & keep looking regularly, sooner or later one should pop up for sale

Cass-Olé

Jan 9, 2013
Virginia
You will get results on google, sometimes you have to click the link & make a 'parts request' or 'request a quote', afterwards the sales force will either reply back (will be available, or not), or u won't get a reply, but it may help to reach out to some of the links u come across

Ex. contact DirectMacro (whenever a front panel is found, try to haggle for the lowest price)
Tip: non-ALX front panel bezel was ~$100 (US) new from Dell, X504R was ~$150 (US)

Thanks for the info.

I had gone through all the google links, directmacro etc. But quite a few don't reply either on the phone or via email. Certainly I haven't been able to get through to directmacro yet.

There is a site selling this at an unrealistically cheap price : https://www.jcmcassist.top/aliexcle...lack-x504r-cn0x504r-by-ebiddealz-p-216689.htm

I almost pulled the trigger and bought it, but something tells me it's not legit. Although I would have only lost £40/$50, but still.

Cass-Olé

Jan 9, 2013
Virginia
Re: JCMCAS link, research the legitimacy of that company of course, but also make contact & ask if the item is new or used … they take Paypal so you'd have buyer protection … my guess is they're used panels that show signs of use/wear (maybe dings etc) > ask & find out … a new panel at that price is a no brainer, but, probably not worth £40/$50 to buy a used panel (since u already own one), but then again it'd depend on what showed up & what it looked like etc --> if it was a cut above the one you own now, a low-cost intermediate part might suffice til u track down a new one … the ALX bezels do have resale value due to the motor if it works, so a chance exists a semi-good used panel might work out in the meantime then later sell it etc … maybe ask the sales force tp yank one out of the box & get an ACTUAL photo of the panel they have for sale?

As for price?, maybe 2years ago a seller had 30 of the grey panels listed at 37.50/ea shipped, so I got two for $75 (one buyer bought 13 of them)& that was just an impossible price (the seller listed those at half their worth & lost out on maybe ~$1000 profit by my count) (30 x 37.50 = 1125 >< 30 x 75 = 2250) … lightning can strike / crazy low prices can happen (!!!)

Last edited:
@Cass-Olé **Note: I chatted with Dell/US last month or so, they still had W558R (cosmic black) & R841R (grey) bezels**

I just checked with Dell (US) this week and they did not have W558R (cosmic black), R841R (grey), or X504R (ALX) in stock. I am looking for ALX, but I could settle for Grey. I had them check refurbs and new stock.

Considering the age of this PC, thoughts on whether this may ever come back in stock from Dell?

I see grey on ebay for $250 lol but that's more than I'd pay.

Cass-Olé

Jan 9, 2013
Virginia
sometimes I think it depends which REP is helping to check for parts … try to chat w/a spare parts REP again on say next Monday, if no luck, try back 2weeks from Monday then check back again in 2weeks. If no luck, try back again monthly, which is to say, check-in on them regularly over the next few months, you might get lucky

I think they were sold-out last year when I chatted-in & it surprised me they had some again for sale last June, I don't know how or why or where or when if they sell-out they can get more, but eventually they'll run out for good / forever … I'm not satisfied that time's come yet, u just have to keep chatting at them. Otherwise, I cant find any panels either when I look online

sometimes I think it depends which REP is helping to check for parts … try to chat w/a spare parts REP again on say next Monday, if no luck, try back 2weeks from Monday then check back again in 2weeks. If no luck, try back again monthly, which is to say, check-in on them regularly over the next few months, you might get lucky

I think they were sold-out last year when I chatted-in & it surprised me they had some again for sale last June, I don't know how or why or where or when if they sell-out they can get more, but eventually they'll run out for good / forever … I'm not satisfied that time's come yet, u just have to keep chatting at them. Otherwise, I cant find any panels either when I look online
Thanks, that's really helpful and just the kind of historical background I was looking for. The rep I spoke with gave me his email address so that I could follow up with him about the parts and said he would put in a restock request (for whatever that is worth). But really I didn't know if this was likely to go anywhere considering the age of the system. Knowing that it has gone OOS and come back in stock is really helpful, thanks.

I can't believe that Dell are still willing to discuss parts for end of life machines. They are usually pretty good at cutting the cord with such things.
Oh MattyB, don't you already have enough Alienware laptop spare parts in your garage to start your own Dell warehouse. But really I suspect it may also be a difference in how laptop vs. desktop parts are treated. Dell still sells last gen Aurora 5-8 parts, and at least those earlier/lower number models are by now out of any extended warranty coverage.