Alienware Area 51 Front panel lock keys

Andrew_J994

Aug 10, 2016
Hi i have alienware area 51 computer ( the model with the locks on the front and side door panels)
anyway i recently moved with the computer locked and i left the keys at the old house and cannot get them back and i was wondering where to get a new set of spare keys any help would be greatly apperciated. To be clear this is a 2006 Windows XP Prof. model

You need to get them back. Is there any way someone can mail them to you?

Most people get this case used, and never have a key to begin with, and those few who still have one are very lucky. I've seen tons of people who end up drilling the lock to open the case. That is the best advice I can give you besides having the key sent back.

Sorry, and good luck.

Andrew_J994

Aug 10, 2016
You need to get them back. Is there any way someone can mail them to you?

Most people get this case used, and never have a key to begin with, and those few who still have one are very lucky. I've seen tons of people who end up drilling the lock to open the case. That is the best advice I can give you besides having the key sent back.

Sorry, and good luck.
I considered the drill before but i did no want to damage the case I cannot go back to the old house as it is under new ownership and im pretty sure they either thrown them out or not bothered doing any thing with them is there anyway i can take the computer to a lock shop and have a key made?

If you care about the case, anything is possible. :)

-Parts of my tower were missing, and I had to have them 3d printed.
-My paint was totally scratched, so I took it to an auto-body shop for painting.
- My light kit wasn't functioning, so I purchased 2 extra cases to gather spare parts.

*** I'd call around your local area. I am not sure if someone could just make a new key for you, but there are probably people who are skilled enough to open the lock without damaging it.

** Some people say you may be able to take parts of the case off to unlatch the lock from the inside

* A few people on other forums have been able to pick the lock with a paperclip too, as it is not too secure.

Andrew_J994

Aug 10, 2016

-My paint was totally scratched, so I took it to an auto-body shop for painting.
- My light kit wasn't functioning, so I purchased 2 extra cases to gather spare parts.

*** I'd call around your local area. I am not sure if someone could just make a new key for you, but there are probably people who are skilled enough to open the lock without damaging it.

** Some people say you may be able to take parts of the case off to unlatch the lock from the inside

* A few people on other forums have been able to pick the lock with a paperclip too, as it is not too secure.
ok i will try and call lock some key places around where i live i forgot theres a key replacement store right around the corner if not then ill try and pick at it with the paperclip thanks for the suggestions

Andrew_J994

Aug 10, 2016

Also what size mother board fits in your case as im looking to pick one up like it but blue

I have the same case as you, but currently have a system built in a newer version. If I recall correctly, the case should be the normal atx form factor, so a mid-atx board should work well.

**** Your case is a lot taller than newer computers, so you may be able to use Eatx if needed, but I would stick with mid-sized to be safe.

Andrew_J994

Aug 10, 2016
I have the same case as you, but currently have a system built in a newer version. If I recall correctly, the case should be the normal atx form factor, so a mid-atx board should work well.

**** Your case is a lot taller than newer computers, so you may be able to use Eatx if needed, but I would stick with mid-sized to be safe.
ok thanks