test

alienware area 51 upgrade to raid 0 or raid 3

i wanna upgrade soon my area 51 with new ssd´s.
but i have readed lots of raid type

raid 0 is 2ssd work to gether. but when 1 is broken the whole system won´t work.

then i found raid 3 thats also used with 3 ssd´s. is this better for the system then raid 0?

i like to performance this system.
but whats your idea 2 do?

thnx voor the reply´s

ok. http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/4115/5/achtergrond-hoe-werken-raid-0-raid-1-raid-10-en-raid-5-raid-3 this whas my idea.

this is the translation in english
With RAID 0 +1 and RAID 1 +0 so you have a combination of higher speed and improved reliability. However, RAID 0 +1 and RAID 1 +0 are like a one big disadvantage: you lose half your storage capacity. In six 1TB drives you love but about 3 TB. That many find shame of their valuable investment in disk space. Fortunately, there are smarter RAID variants, although even those have their specific drawbacks: RAID 3, 5 and 6.

For a RAID 3 array you need at least three hard drives, but it also works with four, five or more disks. All data is by using RAID 3 striping written to all disks in the array present except one. In this final installment is called parity information stored. This information allows the data from any one disk in the array is rebuilt when it crashes. Like RAID 1 RAID 3 also provides protection against data loss from a hard disk crash. The big advantage is that you lose a lot less capacity, there is always only one disk required for parity and that means the more drives in your RAID 3 array, the less capacity you are relatively lost. A RAID 3 array of three 1TB hard drives offers 2TB capacitieit, because (3-1) x 1 TB = 2TB. A RAID 3 array of five 1TB hard drives offers 4TB capacity, (5-1) = 4 x 1 TB TB. In the first case, you lose 33% capacity, in the second example, only 20%, much better than the 50% you lose in RAID 1. RAID 3 has another advantage: since all data just like in RAID 0 is distributed across multiple disks, it read as with RAID 0 much faster than a single hard disk. The writing of data is in practice however slower, as should be. The parity information calculated The illustration below shows how RAID 3 proceeds in an array with three disks.