Alienware Aurora R4 Delay till Feb 2015?

So I placed my order on the 26th of August for an Aurora R4. Base model with the exception of the Nvidia GTX 770 running in SLI and the ALX chassis. I was told that the order was to arrive on the 15th of September but to my dismay, I was called and emailed about the backorder situation. I am now being informed that I will receive the system on or before Feb 2015. I had them double check the status because I find it hard to believe that there is a delay of 6 months. They were telling the truth......so after waiting almost 2 weeks for nothing, I decide to cancel my order. :( I am very disappointed because I was really looking forward to receiving my system. I guess the upside to it is, I placed an order with Origin PC and bought a Millennium:

Orientation: Inverted
Standard Color: Black
Remote Controlled Multi-Colored LED
ORIGIN High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans - Black
ASUS Maximus VII Ranger
ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 120 Sealed Liquid Cooling System
Overclocked Intel Core i7 4790K Quad-Core (4.5GHz-4.8GHz)
1000 Watt EVGA Supernova 1000 G2
Red Individually Sleeved Cables
Single 3GB NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti (Plan to buy a second one in 3 months)
ORIGIN Professional Graphics Card Overclocking
8GB ORIGIN PC powered by HyperX 1600Mhz (2x4GB)
Genuine MS Windows 8.1 64-Bit Edition
FREE 240GB Visiontek Go Drive
5 Bay Hot-Swap Cage

Difference in price, $30.00 more.
Alienware charged TAX but free shipping
Origin, no tax and free shipping

Not to keen on the case because I really wanted the Aurora ALX chassis. Oh well, I guess it's sort of Alienware since the founders of Alienware created Origin PC I think.

After I placed my order, I called Origin and they have all the parts on order and I was assigned a tech and sales rep throughout my order. Should receive it by Oct 01

Last edited: