Alienware Aurora R4 v Alienware x51?

emylamber

I'm looking to get an intense gaming PC. Please do not answer with "Alienwares are overpriced, etc." I was just wondering which would be better for games such as BF3, MW3, and Minecraft? How long would this PC last me, and lastly which is better OVERALL? Assuming I pay for the default parts and specs it comes with no upgrades. Thank you for answers ahead of time.
YlfMtr

Thanks

MrPicles

Aurora R4 if you want to get intense gaming PC . Get one with the 6 core processor + GTX titan black or GTX 780ti and you can play anything You want .

holeyguy66

aurora is my pick. and dell doesnt offer titans as an option. aurora for one reason. its easier to upgrade then x51. you dont have to worry about what size gpu fits and how to mount a ssd so forth and so forth. also when you want to do a full system redo. just about any m-atx motherboard will work. so aurora all day

I'm looking to get an intense gaming PC. Please do not answer with "Alienwares are overpriced, etc." I was just wondering which would be better for games such as BF3, MW3, and Minecraft? How long would this PC last me, and lastly which is better OVERALL? Assuming I pay for the default parts and specs it comes with no upgrades. Thank you for answers ahead of time.
YlfMtr

Thanks

I own an Alienware ALX R4. I purchased this from Amazon for $1369.00 USD. It has the I7 3930K installed. I upgraded the Video Cards to Dual EVGA GTX-780 Superclocked, and upgraded the RAM to 32GB of Kingston Hyper X. I could not be any happier with this setup. I have not found a game yet that I can not play on Max settings with excellent frame rates. Good Luck!

cemong82

5 years ago i bought an alienware alx case with mobo on it , i added a 990x and sli 680 with 24 gb ram, some ssd and hdd, still runs fast enough till today...

MiLoLaMb

I bought an alienware r4 it was amazing. It's just big. I did put a new mother board and (Asus rampage) and everything changed and even water cooled it.

cemong82

my r1 still rocks

alx , i7 - 990x, sli 680, 24 gb ram, samsung ssd, patriot ssd, hdd, 29" dell widescreen.

cemong82

so nice!

alx , i7 - 990x, sli 680, 24 gb ram, samsung ssd, patriot ssd, hdd, 29" dell widescreen.